SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#184942 - 08/16/02 12:03 PM Wersi Abacus V4.0
Robertwersi Offline

Loc: England
WOW! This new beast is amazing! I have had my New Abacus Duo pro keyboard for 4 weeks! I have the peal white version and have just recieved Version 4 operatinf software. The new version includes 128 new sampled sounds, New styles, New realdrum styles, Mixer and reverb system! also there are a whole lot more enhancements to the instrument. I'm so amazed - the Wersi long wave multi-samples are stunning. and the fact that you can now load in whole WAV drum kits its fab too! So new drum kits don't rely on internal sound generators like the old keyboards used to! God i'm so amazed.

P.S. Can't wait to upgrade the windows OS on the abacus to XP! Does anyone have any good Orchesteral Flute samples in Akai format or Giga sampler format? P.S - willing to pay!

#184943 - 08/16/02 12:57 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Robertwersi,
I`ll trade `ya my PSR2000 for your Abacus!
hahahaha
That must be some KB !!
O-BTW, Welcome to our family and the best corner of the web !!
You could not have found a better place to `"hang your Abacus" (and your hat !! )
jedi

#184944 - 08/16/02 01:22 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Hello

This isn't the Abacus RobertWersi has I don't think, but there is a review of the "Cheap" $6000 one here Entry level ...nothin' is it

Abacus Review

By the way, forgot to mention that the link, when clicked on, automatically downloads acrobat file (174 KB)

Tony

[This message has been edited by Jupitar5 (edited 08-16-2002).]

#184945 - 08/16/02 02:17 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Dnj Offline

Robert,

how about posting some Abacus MP3 demos so we can hear the syles and sounds?

#184946 - 08/16/02 02:28 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Yeah that's a good idea.. Post some demos for us... Everytime I see that board I start salvating on my keyboard.. This is one of those boards you can't walk by in a music store and not touch.. Its look alone is eye catching
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#184947 - 08/16/02 03:54 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Robertwersi Offline

Hi guys,
thanks for the warm welcome to the board. How is it possible for me to post the mp3s and pics? I got a real nice one of it. My Abacus cost me £7000 - quite a lot but it has all of the options and i'm real proud of it. Alternatively - I can email you all mp3s and pics. - P.S. The review that you linked to was a review of the "Prototype Abacus" about 2 years ago. It was only running version 2.25 - now they're on Version 4!

[This message has been edited by Robertwersi (edited 08-16-2002).]

#184948 - 08/16/02 03:54 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Guy`s,
I think this is what "Robertwersi" has , only in "pearliod -white" !
This is a KB+++++++++++++ http://www.wersi.uk.com/duo1.htm
jedi

#184949 - 08/16/02 04:00 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Robertwersi Offline

Hi Jedi,
Yep - thats the one on the Wersi Uk website. if you want some demos - just email me or could u tell me how to post on mp3s?

#184950 - 08/16/02 07:42 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Dnj Offline

Maybe someone can post the MP3's on a website somewhere for us to here? anyone?

#184951 - 08/17/02 09:19 AM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Robert:
Welcome to the forum. Wow! this is some keyboard. I am in the market for a new one and you certainly have awakened my curiosity about this excellent (but very expensive) machine. However, it has so many more features than the average kbs in the market like the Windows based OS and the CD drive among others. Is this a machine one that you would use for "gigging"? I would be a little apprehensive about it. How much does it weight with the optional speakers? and do you know what the basic model would be selling for in the US approximately?
Anyway, congratulations and use it in good health
Mario

#184952 - 08/17/02 05:06 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Robertwersi Offline

Hi there - well heres some info about the abacus. The basic model costs 3,599 in the Uk that includes all of the inbuilt sounds, styles, features, CD rom drive, hard drive etc. the options are as follows, real drums around £450. Internal speakers - Around £200, Vocaliser - around £180, cd writer - around £250. Plus a 2nd manual is available and also extra memory at a very competitive price. You have a 20 gig hard drive for sampling, storing wavs mp3s, presets, sounds maps etc. Talking of preset registrasions, You can store several thousand on to a floppy so just think how many you can store on a 20Gig hard disk!
I use my abacus for giging out at concerts and at night clubs with my band and use it around 3 times a week playing out. There is no problem with the Windows OS. The Wersi software has been made and partially designed by Microsoft in Germany and all drivers have been fine tuned so that it does not effect the windows and nothing crashes. Wersi give a detailed explanation of why PC's crash. The only time the abacus will malfunction is if one of the boards blow! All of the data handling is done by Wersi super fast processor - used in conjunction with the Pentium 4 processor. The Pentium can't handle all of the constant wave data and so there fore Wersi created a board which has the equivilent of 6 Pentium 4 processors. called the SG10. All Abacus keyboards come with them as standard.
I will try and get some demo MP3s up soon. till then, keep playing!

Robert

#184953 - 08/17/02 05:32 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Thanks Robert:
Very imformative. I take it the price is $3599 as in "pounds" right? Because if it were dollars I would probably order one tomorrow, but I know better. I may decide to sell a couple of my RC helicopters to make up for the diference between a Tyros and the Abacus. I live in New Jersey and there is a Wersi dealership in Lancaster Pa. about a 2 1/2 hr. ride from where I live. I think is worth a day's trip to listen to this "beast".
I still would like to find out what the actual weight w/ or w/o speakers is, sorry to be a Pain?
Thanks again.
Mario

#184954 - 08/17/02 08:55 PM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Dnj Offline

I'd love to hear the styles on this unit. Does anyone have demos?

#184955 - 08/19/02 02:21 AM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Robertwersi Offline

Hi there, with regards to the speakers,there isn't much of a difference with or without them - I don't know the exact weight - but the internal speakers run off of the internal amp - which is in the keyboard whether you have speakers or not - so the only difference is the actual speaker cones and fittings. THis is the heaviest keyboard i've come across though - due to the fact thats it's made from very sturdy steel, wood and plastic. All consoles are metal - unlike a lot fo other manufacturers. P.S. I'm working on the demo mp3's! & how do I post pictures on here?

Bye for now,

Robert

#184956 - 08/19/02 07:04 AM Re: Wersi Abacus V4.0
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Robert,

All I can say is, "WOW"!

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online