SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#184814 - 03/22/05 09:42 AM Re: Best Keyboard Stand?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
They are the same stand - made by OnStage. I have one; not bad if you want a sit-down table model. FYI - Many X-stands will sit as low or work in a standing position too.

#184815 - 03/22/05 11:29 AM Re: Best Keyboard Stand?
jasmineflower Offline

I don't think so. I e-mailed Zzounds about a price matching since I thought they were the same model, but they're two different brands. Same picture used though.

You mean this particular stand can be raised, in case you wanted to play standing up?

#184816 - 03/22/05 12:08 PM Re: Best Keyboard Stand?
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Jasmine...Here is something that you might be interested in, check it out.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7309593215&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Tony

#184817 - 03/22/05 12:15 PM Re: Best Keyboard Stand?
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
One more opinion......

I think these are made by the same company and imported with a different stick on label. I'm near positive they're the same gage of metal. I owned one once, they do telescope up and down, but found its about 6 inches short of being able to stand up, I found these stands very wobbly and very flimsy was constantly kicking the legs apart to get them to stabilize, four legs has to be adjusted to get it leveled, and the metal gets indented where the leg tightening screws makes a dent into the light gage metal legs, causing them to only want to stay in one place. After a couple of months I got rid of it. if your giging and need something light the double crossbucks works but has a four point on the floor suspension and usually never fits on uneven ground or floors, they wobble. The v stands are a hazard of being knocked over backwards by dancers or a quick get up from the bench. Ultimate are fairly stable but need a flat level surface.
Most of the above dosn't give room for a controler and pedals,(if you use these). I have not found one good portable stable keyboard stand for every occasion and each has limits and problems.

If you never take your board out, I suggest a Yamaha tyros stand, They're not really made to take apart and move and are heavy and take up a lot of room in a van, but left in one place they don't move at all and would probably hold 500 to 1000 lbs before they collasped. They are also set at a standard keyboard hight and not adjustable.

If money is in question I would buy the 29 buck musicians friends stand, I think it is the safest for a 88 note board.

EDIT: You'll need to put about 6 large self adheasive felt pads on top of this stand, to keep the keyboard from sliding off. its also slippery. :EDITED

I guess I should design and build a stand for us muso's and patent it, better yet just wait for a while and I'm sure Gary (Travlin/easy) will get around to doing one LOL...............Pose

------------------
Support the arts
FEED a Musician
Cheers....Pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 03-22-2005).]

#184818 - 03/22/05 01:22 PM Re: Best Keyboard Stand?
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Great post....very useful...thank you..

#184819 - 03/22/05 02:32 PM Re: Best Keyboard Stand?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
The stand you are interested in is NOT for stand up. And if there is a difference in the two stands, it's minimal and not worth the extra bucks.

I agree with LoungLizard that there is no perfect stand - I have three, no four, stands and all have their plusses and minuses. I find I use the USS Apex for most jobs. I can stand or sit, use one or two tiers and have room for a couple pedals (not bass pedals).

I also have a heavy-duty OnStage x-stand that is very easy to use and set up. It can be used standing or sitting and a second tier is optional.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online