SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#184771 - 11/01/00 11:49 PM Re: Arranger Keyboards: "Can't Get No Respect"?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't believe it's off topic at all. I think it's great to learn how musicians from all around the world have transformed (or progressed!) into one-man-bands (don't you hate that term!).
It's also good to learn that other members of our "brotherhood" are facing the same problems and reactions, at least in the U.S.
It takes a unique individual to do what we do, and pull it off successfully, and it's interesting to see how each of us handles it.
DonM

#184772 - 11/02/00 06:57 AM Re: Arranger Keyboards: "Can't Get No Respect"?
KeyboardFreak Offline

Hey y'all....... I just wanted to let you know that y'all (Arranger Keyboard Players) are the kind of musicians I enjoy listening to the most..... I have this wierd thing about people who use keyboards such as the DJX and comparable keyboards and don't know how to play the keys, I can't stand that. Y'all on the other hand, while you do use patterns and accompaniment, actually do play the keyboard....... like some of y'all said, it's ridiculous to pay somebody to sit there and play CD's all night, it's almost the same thing with Groove Boxes and the DJX, IMHO.

I may be looking into getting an arranger keyboard sometime soon...... after I get my drum machine (yeah I know....) is there anything out there that is basically the accompaniment section of the arranger keyboards in a module without the keys???? I already have a great set of keys with my XV-88. I'm just looking basically to provide some back-up to a one-man band I guess....... any suggestions.

------------------
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#184773 - 11/02/00 07:13 AM Re: Arranger Keyboards: "Can't Get No Respect"?
Dnj Offline

hi keyboardfreak

I think the SOLTON X4 is just what you need for a great accompiament.
http://www.elitesound.com/solton_x4_by_ketron.htm

check it out..

good luck

donny

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-02-2000).]

#184774 - 11/02/00 07:33 AM Re: Arranger Keyboards: "Can't Get No Respect"?
KeyboardFreak Offline

Thanks Donny, that looks great...... but I think something a little less ummmmm...... complex, would be better for me right now. And I'm guessing that weighs in at about $1500-2000..... right?????

Does anybody make an arranger module???? That would be the best thing. I'm not saying this exact product..... but maybe something like the Boss JS5 Jamstation..... only better. Take the size of a normal sound module, the style part of that Solton keyboard, and the price range of around $1000....... am I dreaming?????

------------------
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

--------------------

I may be confused..... does that Solton have keys...... it said something about a keyboard in the specs..... it that just telling me what the external keyboard could control on the Solton. Anyone have a picture of this???

[This message has been edited by KeyboardFreak (edited 11-02-2000).]

#184775 - 11/02/00 07:38 AM Re: Arranger Keyboards: "Can't Get No Respect"?
KeyboardFreak Offline

Okay, now I'm sounding really stupid..... this is a module, I just looked at the dimensions and weight.... sorry Donny. Forget the last post everyone..... what is the price on the Solton X4?????? And how do you trigger the fill-ins and such????? With a midi pedalboard?? Sorry to sound so stupid, but I know almost nothing about arranger keyboards.

------------------

#184776 - 11/02/00 10:41 AM Re: Arranger Keyboards: "Can't Get No Respect"?
Clif Anderson Offline

The Solton X4 module has the same controls as the X1. You can trigger things remotely, but also from its front panel. To find out more, go to the Solton webiste. Go the the Synthzone home page, click on Solton, and visit the Italian website (which has an English option).

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 11-02-2000).]

#184777 - 11/02/00 02:30 PM Re: Arranger Keyboards: "Can't Get No Respect"?
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Keyboardfreak,

I have the Korg i40m which is an arranger module. Got some great styles and will play all i series styles as well.

Got a not too bad vocal harmonizer as standard and can be connected to guitar or midi accordian. Sorry don't have a weblink but the korg is cheap compared to the X4.

They are going for about £600 here in the uk now (not sure what that is in merican money

Just another option
Tony

#184778 - 11/03/00 07:30 AM Re: Arranger Keyboards: "Can't Get No Respect"?
Jim Henry Offline

Loc: Surprise AZ USA
keyboardfreak--I use a pedal-driven Solton X4. If you're considering it, e-mail me with questions and I'll tell you what I think.

Jim Henry

#184779 - 11/03/00 04:23 PM Re: Arranger Keyboards: "Can't Get No Respect"?
mbl Offline

Loc: el paso tx
When one of us gives a solo concert at Carnegie Hall using an arranger, then we will get full respect.

In the meantime, I counted my 740's function buttons and totaled well over 100 vs. only 61 black/white music keys. This clasifies my 740 more into a device than into an instrument.

I know that with my arranger, I'll never be called a music virtuoso, no matter how well I play it, and no matter how well I get to know the device.

We are in a different league.

mbl.

#184780 - 08/13/06 06:57 PM Re: Arranger Keyboards: "Can't Get No Respect"?
Dnj Offline

So has any of this Ideology changed after a few years regarding the perception of Arranger Kb Players out in the real world?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online