Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#184638 - 12/25/02 09:04 AM Re: Finally a GRIPE re: Yamaha Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
"Ya gotta actenuate the positive eliminate the negative and don't mess with Mr. in between."

Terry, Many thanks for 'coming to the rescue' and eliminating the only NEGATIVE I had about the Tyros. I LOVE my Tyros now 'more than ever'.

Roy-Andrč: What's particularly cool about the Tyros EQ/Compressor settings is that you're able to SAVE different 'custom user settings' for quick/easy ONE button recall. Now I can easily switch my Tyros overall sound to match my mood of the week:

Monday: Ketron
Tuesday: Technics
Wednesday: GEM
Thursday: Roland
Friday: Korg
Saturday: Casio
Sunday: YAMAHA

- Scott

#184639 - 12/25/02 10:08 AM Re: Finally a GRIPE re: Yamaha Tyros
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Now I can easily switch my Tyros overall sound to match my mood of the week:

Monday: Ketron
Tuesday: Technics
Wednesday: GEM
Thursday: Roland
Friday: Korg
Saturday: Casio
Sunday: YAMAHA

- Scott

Wow Scott, looks like on Saturday you are in a really BAD mood...

#184640 - 12/25/02 11:06 AM Re: Finally a GRIPE re: Yamaha Tyros
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Terry wrote:
"In reality what we should expect is a board to be middle of the road out of the box and needs to be tweeked to our personal liking. I'm thankful the boards are made to be tweeked for this purpose. I really am not a tweeker, but expect that I am going to have to do something to get the sound I want. The ability to do this is one of the reasons I buy the higher end boards."

Terry you hit it right there in that paragraph above but it also brings reality to mind.
How long does it take a person to master and tweak a new keyboard to thier particular likes, dislikes and use.
I have been in computers and keyboards since they came out. I went to College classes 2 nights a week to master the early workstations and midi. I have two degrees and know how to study a manual but that never seemed to help me in learning off shore interpretations of how you do things with a particular board. However that said, It still takes me 2 years to totally master a keyboard. Considering this, I become very unconfortable when I consider dumping a board I can use in every way and starting a brand new steep long term learning curve. Especially at my age of 71 or maybe it is because of my age.
I am told by dealers that many boards are traded in just like they came out of the box and never tweaked at all. This was especially true several years ago when they were workstations only.
I will keep the PSR 9000 for another year and TRY to master it. I am just now confortable working with the KN6000 that I have had for 2 years. I started to sell it at least 5 times since July but each time I would get on the forums and get answers and move up another notch in my learning curve. IT ISN'T THE BOARD THAT IS A PROBLEM, IT IS ME!!!
Just my passing thoughts.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to all the good friends on this board
Thanks to all for your help on getting moving on the PSR. It is actually making some music now days
Bebop (Bill Forrest in San Jose, Ca. USA)

#184641 - 12/25/02 12:12 PM Re: Finally a GRIPE re: Yamaha Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
How long does it take a person to master and tweak a new keyboard to thier particular likes, dislikes and use.

Hi Bebop. After Terry pointed out to me the Tyros EQ/Compressor feature, it actually took me less than 10 minutes to quickly select (& tweak) another Preset Selection to my personal liking. I am forever thankful to all the helpful people on the forum. It's really the terrific give/take sharing thing we all have that make's this forum 'so special'. Merry Christmas to all. - Scott

#184642 - 12/25/02 12:30 PM Re: Finally a GRIPE re: Yamaha Tyros
trtjazz Offline

Bebop,
FWIW.....perhaps I go about learning my boards in a different way than others, to stave off frustration. I learn what I need to know when I need to know it. To me there isn't any sense tackling and trying to comprehend complicated parts of the manual until I need to use that particular function.

Other than a cursory knowledge of a function to make sure it is working, I go away from it and work on the basics of my every day usage and then in little bites learn the rest. There are some things I never get into, because I never use them and therfore do not give myself a headache trying to learn something I'll never use and if the need does arise, I will get into it then.
jam on,
Terry

Scott....BTW you're welcome and glad I could help and get you back to Ty heaven.

#184643 - 12/26/02 02:58 AM Re: Finally a GRIPE re: Yamaha Tyros
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Scott!
I'm glad you're back on the "fan-stand" again, we need you amongst us Ty-fans!
Roy-Andrč

#184644 - 12/26/02 07:50 AM Re: Finally a GRIPE re: Yamaha Tyros
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Scott. This is where my old Korg i30 scored. It had separate sliders for each ACC parts. We have not progressed at all really have we.

Graham UK

My Korg i3 has 5 sliders: Drum, Bass, Acc, KB1, KB2. With additional three buttons for acc1, acc2, and acc3, I can totally adjust everything in real time. I guess when people decided that what they have is "most advanced", they overlooked the simple things.

..rb

#184645 - 12/26/02 09:32 AM Re: Finally a GRIPE re: Yamaha Tyros
Midnite Rider Offline

Loc: Whittier, CA, USA
Rhumba and Graham,

I had a board once with sliders, and thought it was great. When I upgraded to the PSR8000, which doesn't have them I was dissapointed at first. The only problem with sliders, is you can't save them to a registration (at least not on any board I've seen). With the tools I have on the 8000, I've been able to do everything I want. It did take some time to figure it all out, but I can get the job done. I wouldn't mind if Tyros had sliders, but I wouldnt trade them for the ability to memorize a style with all my tweaks.

Later,

Midnite

#184646 - 12/26/02 01:47 PM Re: Finally a GRIPE re: Yamaha Tyros
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Saving tweaks are fine and convenient BUT on stage where very room has diferent accoustics the sliders give you that custom sound like nothing else while your performing.

Totally agreed with you! I missed my i3's sliders a great deal - I guess that's what they called "unfortunate casualty of progress" or something??

..rb

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online