SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#184514 - 01/14/00 09:03 PM can my gem wk8 keys be changed
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
i use a gem wk8 and quit happy with it however i hate the keys ,it does have a touch sensetivity but it's not weighted so my question :could the keys be replaced by a say korg trinity keys?
thanks
eddy

#184515 - 01/14/00 09:14 PM Re: can my gem wk8 keys be changed
DannyUK Offline

hi there!

I, like you, have or had a WK8 and one of my reason for getting rid of it were the keys (my father now has this keyboard and I got the X1).

I dont think its possible to change the keys especially from one brand to another. if it was the same company then maybe so.

I have seen inside the WK8 and KorgI30 and X1 and all 3 are totally unique, eg, the keys are fitted on a circuit board that has a specific cable with the plug being sized to fit that specific part of the circuitry. And then the keys themselves are cut to slot into some stabalised holes, for example on the X1 they are even screwed directly on the base of the keyboard casing (so they are visible to the eye).

So the answer to your question is NO unless its customised (very risky) or if there is a way I dont know of it.

Danny(UK)

#184516 - 01/15/00 05:39 AM Re: can my gem wk8 keys be changed
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Eddy, you could ask General Music as they have a simular keyboard with weighted keys.
(the SK880)! Fred

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online