SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#184457 - 04/09/05 06:08 AM Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
technicsplayer Offline

saw tyros 2 at Frankfurt and talked with one of the team. 300 MB of wave rom, built in hard drive, usb, internet etc etc. Only a plastic box on display and a few minutes demo from a tape, long way to go to finished product. The new thing will be real time mega voice play. The keyboard senses the timing and "style" of right hand play and assigns multi samples dynamically to simulate the acoustic instrument sound for example with appropriate breath or finger noises etc. So a slow softly played legato saxophone will portamento between notes automatically as the real thing might then switch to sounding the attack of each new played note on more forceful normal play. This will make multisample play significantly easier than existing mega voice which cannot really be played live without sounding pretty laboured avoiding the respective velocity zones and was only designed for style programming. You will have to wait till at least October for launch.

#184458 - 04/10/05 09:01 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
If the above is true, I will wait to buy a used Tyros, or maybe find one on the street because it's owner would drop it accidentally, while rushing to buy the new one.
If the above is not true, then precious bandwidth is lost.

#184459 - 04/10/05 10:09 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
technicsplayer Offline

That was the info at the special invitation closed non-public demo at the Music Messe. The fact there was no public demo yet gives away the timescales involved.

#184460 - 04/10/05 10:15 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
to the genesys Offline

I am surprised that there are not more post on this topic as yet. In other threads, in addition to calling other members “kids” and saying that recent postings are OT, this topic (about the beloved Tyros and its possible upgrade) is exactly what every one is asking for (arranger topic).

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 04-10-2005).]

#184461 - 04/10/05 10:43 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Technicsplayer,
I do not wish to insult with the "if the above is true" remark, I merely express the high blood pressure and accelerated heartbeats and also the scepticism that will accompany these news. It is almost what many here are hoping for, and if you mentioned 6 octaves, then, hospitals would have a lot of customers today.

to the genesys,
It may be too early on a Sunday to post in the US, here it is 8.42pm.

Let's see how it develops.

#184462 - 04/10/05 11:03 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
and if you mentioned 6 octaves, then, hospitals would have a lot of customers today.

afraid not, same size box, same size keyboard, corners triangulated instead of square

#184463 - 04/10/05 03:26 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
afraid not, same size box, same size keyboard, corners triangulated instead of square

In other words, just as we can see at the pictures,
a kind of a stealth bomber?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#184464 - 04/10/05 03:44 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hmmmm. wonder if we actually would suffer the wrath of Yamaha if I (or someone else here) decided to post the Tyros2 pics now.

Does Yamaha really have any LEGAL grounds to stand on to prevent one from posting them? In addition, how do we REALLY know that it was Yamaha (and not merely someone else) that threatened suit & demanded they be pulled. Never heard from Steve Deming (our official Yamaha USA Synthzone member) about this one. Steve, what's Yamaha's OFFICIAL position? Just curious. - Scott

#184465 - 04/10/05 08:49 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
Hi guys,

here a few pictures from the German Yamaha Forum.
Enjoy
http://www.micha-music.de/pages/mm2005/HTMLMM2005WEB/index.htm

Eric

Hey everyone, download the pics before Yammie sues Eric!!

#184466 - 04/10/05 09:17 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Got sound?

#184467 - 04/10/05 10:47 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Clif Anderson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
hmmmm. wonder if we actually would suffer the wrath of Yamaha if I (or someone else here) decided to post the Tyros2 pics now.

Does Yamaha really have any LEGAL grounds to stand on to prevent one from posting them? In addition, how do we REALLY know that it was Yamaha (and not merely someone else) that threatened suit & demanded they be pulled. Never heard from Steve Deming (our official Yamaha USA Synthzone member) about this one. Steve, what's Yamaha's OFFICIAL position? Just curious. - Scott

Whatever Yamaha wishes regarding pictures of unannounced products, I think we should respect them. The Tyros II is their baby and I wouldn't post a picture of a baby against the parents' will. Whether or not they would win, Yamaha would have a right to sue for publishing their trade secret; who would want to pay a lawyer to fight that one?

#184468 - 04/11/05 04:57 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Can someone please email me the pic. africacurios@webmail.co.za

Thanks

#184469 - 04/11/05 05:37 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Hey everyone, download the pics before Yammie sues Eric!!

drat - too late - error 404 - not found

Danny

#184470 - 04/11/05 06:33 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
exNY Offline

Loc: NY, now Germany

#184471 - 04/11/05 10:14 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
gravedigger Offline

Loc: Czech rep
This is an old trick of marketing.
Most companies are creating debates on many forums, launching "secret" pictures of their new model (mostly only dummy-model) and then are asking admins to withdraw that pictures (which steeply increases discussions) whenever their competitor is really launching new model of something. Moreover they are launching "secret" amazing new features, which are not always completely true, but will stay in subconscious of potential customers. For example Nikon is master in doing this. (and Yamaha is a very good student :-))
The reason is obvious - to keep people (potential customers) waiting until their new model is finished, increase their impatience to it and prevent them from purchasing competitors goods.

#184472 - 04/11/05 11:08 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Thomas!

These pictures, which you have been published without my agrrement. please
ask me before you pulished my pictures!

Thanks!

Micha (michi_1214 from the Yamaha-Forum)

#184473 - 04/12/05 01:40 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
In the Swiss Yamaha Forum I found an Interview in German.
Christian Martini spoke about Tyros 2:
It's pretty sure, that the name will be Tyros 2.
The reason about hiding Tyros 2's details: It's not sure, that the details will be valid for the final version.
The pictures about "Tyros 2" are only sugestions, how the Tyros 2 could look, possibly. The person releasing these, was not allowed to do this.
The presentation of "Tyros 2" was only showing a dummie (how could the Tyros 2 look) and playing some sound demos from tape.
It's planned to release first information in the end of summer and they hope, they can release the first Tyros 2s in the 4th quarter of the year (I think before christmas).
61 Keys, no 76 keys planned, no internal speakers, same concept as Tyros 1.
No built in floppy drive, but you can use an USB floppy drive (It's the same as PSR 3000).
Better vocalist. Better voices and more memory for the sound - sure.
About sampling, MP3 playback and CD burning, no answer.
If these 3 features would make the Tyros 2 much more expensive, I would hate these features.
About the keyboard no promise, but the statement "You will be surprised, and you will like it".
With releasing the Tyros 1 I had no doubts about my 9000 pro and I think, the Tyros 2 is better, but not extremly.

------------------
Regards
RF

#184474 - 04/13/05 10:19 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi,R-F
Thanks
Do you have any info about price?

#184475 - 04/13/05 03:26 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
No official information but surely more expensive.
Official is: Better vocal harmony, USB port as PSR 3000, no built in floppy drive but option to use an USB floppy and of course better voices.
No infos about CD writer, MP3 playback, but I don't want to pay these features.
I noticed, I'm quoted in another forum (because the people posting the psr-world link, said "German" because the language, but Germany's Yamaha forum is Yamaha.de Forum )

------------------
Regards
RF

#184476 - 04/14/05 02:03 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Quote:
Originally posted by Michi_1214:
Hello Thomas!

Thanks!

Just to let you know, Thomas didn't do anything wrong. If you don't want to allow so called deeplinking, then you can manipulate the root of your webserver. I won't tell the technical details here since it doesn't interest anyone

#184477 - 04/15/05 08:08 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by Michi_1214:
Hello Thomas!

Thanks!

He didn't publish them. You did. Nobody needs permission to publish a URL.

------------------
- DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#184478 - 05/10/05 05:36 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all, I am new around here. Been a Yamaha man all my life (factory demonstrator in Australia) on FX-1 / HX-1.

For the last 5 years I've been working with Roland keyboards however, only because they offer 76 keys.

If the Tyros 2 would offer 76 keys as well, then I would not hessitate for one moment and I'd buy one immediately. But from what I understand, the new Tyros 2 will only have 61 keys as well?

In that case it's gonna be a simple choice for me: Roland G-70

Can anyone confirm (or deny) with a degree of certainty that the Tyros 2 will only have 61 keys? I certainly hope that Yamaha will wake up and realise that they need to cater for a large group of professional users if they want to keep their market-share. I am certainly not going to use something that looks like a "toy" on stage, regardless of how great it sounds. For good improvisation and arrangements (with multi splits) I need 76 keys.

Anybody else feel the same way? Just curious.

[This message has been edited by musicjohn2 (edited 05-10-2005).]

#184479 - 05/10/05 06:09 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
musicjohn2,

I'm with you all the way. I currently own a Tyros, along with a Korg Triton Extreme 76, and a Motif ES 88.

If the Tyros 2 does not have 76 keys, I'm jumping to another manufacturer and probably the Roland G70 as well.

My style of playing cannot accompany a vocalist on Piano on a 61 key keyboard. I need to take my TE or Motif with me in addition to the Tyros for that.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#184480 - 05/10/05 11:20 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
technicsplayer Offline

same keyboard as tyros.

#184481 - 05/10/05 01:15 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
yah I completely agree with need for 76 keys..

I was just watching the demo for the g-70 today and it was great to see your able to play the left hand accompiant chord,, then have the right hand able to choose to play 2 split instruments one split on the top 2 octaves or so and the other going 2 or so octaves underneath... u just cant really do that well with 61 keys... plus your flashy runs and arpegios really limited with 61 keys...

and I sort of wonder if you get use to always playing only 61 keys when u do play a real piano with 88 keys it kinda throws u off for a bit.. your not use to having all those extra keys.. this happens to me a bit even now when I go back from 76-88.. think how much worse it is 61-88

[This message has been edited by Timo1 (edited 05-10-2005).]

#184482 - 05/10/05 05:00 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hope you all get your wish for a 76 key version. Just as long as they keep a 61 key version under 30 lbs. A 7 lbs module would be fine with me also.

Scott Langholff http://www.ScottLMusic.com

#184483 - 05/11/05 03:24 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Quote:
Originally posted by gravedigger:
Most companies are creating debates on many forums, launching "secret" pictures of their new model (mostly only dummy-model) and then are asking admins to withdraw that pictures (which steeply increases discussions) whenever their competitor is really launching new model of something. Moreover they are launching "secret" amazing new features, which are not always completely true, but will stay in subconscious of potential customers. For example Nikon is master in doing this. (and Yamaha is a very good student :-))
The reason is obvious - to keep people (potential customers) waiting until their new model is finished, increase their impatience to it and prevent them from purchasing competitors goods.

agree with this completely! don't let yourself trapped in this!

#184484 - 05/11/05 12:40 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
technicsplayer Offline

Originally posted by gravedigger:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

agree with this completely! don't let yourself trapped in this!

maybe as a generalisation but the difficulty with this theory is that this was an official presentation for selected dealers and invited others with a prototype identical to the picture that was leaked and demonstration tape of the tyros 2 samples comparing the improvements with tyros. I found no basis to disbelieve any information presented so far particularly since backed up from other sources who have direct experience of tyros 2, and the dynamic multi-sample approach will certainly be a worthwhile step forward.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online