Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by Michi_1214:
Hello Thomas!

These pictures, which you have been published without my agrrement. please
ask me before you pulished my pictures!

Thanks!

Micha (michi_1214 from the Yamaha-Forum)

He didn't publish them. You did. Nobody needs permission to publish a URL.

------------------
- DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#184478 - 05/10/05 05:36 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all, I am new around here. Been a Yamaha man all my life (factory demonstrator in Australia) on FX-1 / HX-1.

For the last 5 years I've been working with Roland keyboards however, only because they offer 76 keys.

If the Tyros 2 would offer 76 keys as well, then I would not hessitate for one moment and I'd buy one immediately. But from what I understand, the new Tyros 2 will only have 61 keys as well?

In that case it's gonna be a simple choice for me: Roland G-70

Can anyone confirm (or deny) with a degree of certainty that the Tyros 2 will only have 61 keys? I certainly hope that Yamaha will wake up and realise that they need to cater for a large group of professional users if they want to keep their market-share. I am certainly not going to use something that looks like a "toy" on stage, regardless of how great it sounds. For good improvisation and arrangements (with multi splits) I need 76 keys.

Anybody else feel the same way? Just curious.

[This message has been edited by musicjohn2 (edited 05-10-2005).]

#184479 - 05/10/05 06:09 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
musicjohn2,

I'm with you all the way. I currently own a Tyros, along with a Korg Triton Extreme 76, and a Motif ES 88.

If the Tyros 2 does not have 76 keys, I'm jumping to another manufacturer and probably the Roland G70 as well.

My style of playing cannot accompany a vocalist on Piano on a 61 key keyboard. I need to take my TE or Motif with me in addition to the Tyros for that.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#184480 - 05/10/05 11:20 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
technicsplayer Offline

same keyboard as tyros.

#184481 - 05/10/05 01:15 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
yah I completely agree with need for 76 keys..

I was just watching the demo for the g-70 today and it was great to see your able to play the left hand accompiant chord,, then have the right hand able to choose to play 2 split instruments one split on the top 2 octaves or so and the other going 2 or so octaves underneath... u just cant really do that well with 61 keys... plus your flashy runs and arpegios really limited with 61 keys...

and I sort of wonder if you get use to always playing only 61 keys when u do play a real piano with 88 keys it kinda throws u off for a bit.. your not use to having all those extra keys.. this happens to me a bit even now when I go back from 76-88.. think how much worse it is 61-88

[This message has been edited by Timo1 (edited 05-10-2005).]

#184482 - 05/10/05 05:00 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hope you all get your wish for a 76 key version. Just as long as they keep a 61 key version under 30 lbs. A 7 lbs module would be fine with me also.

Scott Langholff http://www.ScottLMusic.com

#184483 - 05/11/05 03:24 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Quote:
Originally posted by gravedigger:
This is an old trick of marketing.
Most companies are creating debates on many forums, launching "secret" pictures of their new model (mostly only dummy-model) and then are asking admins to withdraw that pictures (which steeply increases discussions) whenever their competitor is really launching new model of something. Moreover they are launching "secret" amazing new features, which are not always completely true, but will stay in subconscious of potential customers. For example Nikon is master in doing this. (and Yamaha is a very good student :-))
The reason is obvious - to keep people (potential customers) waiting until their new model is finished, increase their impatience to it and prevent them from purchasing competitors goods.

agree with this completely! don't let yourself trapped in this!

#184484 - 05/11/05 12:40 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
technicsplayer Offline

Originally posted by gravedigger:
This is an old trick of marketing.
Most companies are creating debates on many forums, launching "secret" pictures of their new model (mostly only dummy-model) and then are asking admins to withdraw that pictures (which steeply increases discussions) whenever their competitor is really launching new model of something. Moreover they are launching "secret" amazing new features, which are not always completely true, but will stay in subconscious of potential customers. For example Nikon is master in doing this. (and Yamaha is a very good student :-))
The reason is obvious - to keep people (potential customers) waiting until their new model is finished, increase their impatience to it and prevent them from purchasing competitors goods.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

agree with this completely! don't let yourself trapped in this!

maybe as a generalisation but the difficulty with this theory is that this was an official presentation for selected dealers and invited others with a prototype identical to the picture that was leaked and demonstration tape of the tyros 2 samples comparing the improvements with tyros. I found no basis to disbelieve any information presented so far particularly since backed up from other sources who have direct experience of tyros 2, and the dynamic multi-sample approach will certainly be a worthwhile step forward.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online