SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#184467 - 04/10/05 10:47 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Clif Anderson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
hmmmm. wonder if we actually would suffer the wrath of Yamaha if I (or someone else here) decided to post the Tyros2 pics now.

Does Yamaha really have any LEGAL grounds to stand on to prevent one from posting them? In addition, how do we REALLY know that it was Yamaha (and not merely someone else) that threatened suit & demanded they be pulled. Never heard from Steve Deming (our official Yamaha USA Synthzone member) about this one. Steve, what's Yamaha's OFFICIAL position? Just curious. - Scott

Whatever Yamaha wishes regarding pictures of unannounced products, I think we should respect them. The Tyros II is their baby and I wouldn't post a picture of a baby against the parents' will. Whether or not they would win, Yamaha would have a right to sue for publishing their trade secret; who would want to pay a lawyer to fight that one?

#184468 - 04/11/05 04:57 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Can someone please email me the pic. africacurios@webmail.co.za

Thanks

#184469 - 04/11/05 05:37 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Hey everyone, download the pics before Yammie sues Eric!!

drat - too late - error 404 - not found

Danny

#184470 - 04/11/05 06:33 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
exNY Offline

Loc: NY, now Germany

#184471 - 04/11/05 10:14 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
gravedigger Offline

Loc: Czech rep
This is an old trick of marketing.
Most companies are creating debates on many forums, launching "secret" pictures of their new model (mostly only dummy-model) and then are asking admins to withdraw that pictures (which steeply increases discussions) whenever their competitor is really launching new model of something. Moreover they are launching "secret" amazing new features, which are not always completely true, but will stay in subconscious of potential customers. For example Nikon is master in doing this. (and Yamaha is a very good student :-))
The reason is obvious - to keep people (potential customers) waiting until their new model is finished, increase their impatience to it and prevent them from purchasing competitors goods.

#184472 - 04/11/05 11:08 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Thomas!

These pictures, which you have been published without my agrrement. please
ask me before you pulished my pictures!

Thanks!

Micha (michi_1214 from the Yamaha-Forum)

#184473 - 04/12/05 01:40 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
In the Swiss Yamaha Forum I found an Interview in German.
Christian Martini spoke about Tyros 2:
It's pretty sure, that the name will be Tyros 2.
The reason about hiding Tyros 2's details: It's not sure, that the details will be valid for the final version.
The pictures about "Tyros 2" are only sugestions, how the Tyros 2 could look, possibly. The person releasing these, was not allowed to do this.
The presentation of "Tyros 2" was only showing a dummie (how could the Tyros 2 look) and playing some sound demos from tape.
It's planned to release first information in the end of summer and they hope, they can release the first Tyros 2s in the 4th quarter of the year (I think before christmas).
61 Keys, no 76 keys planned, no internal speakers, same concept as Tyros 1.
No built in floppy drive, but you can use an USB floppy drive (It's the same as PSR 3000).
Better vocalist. Better voices and more memory for the sound - sure.
About sampling, MP3 playback and CD burning, no answer.
If these 3 features would make the Tyros 2 much more expensive, I would hate these features.
About the keyboard no promise, but the statement "You will be surprised, and you will like it".
With releasing the Tyros 1 I had no doubts about my 9000 pro and I think, the Tyros 2 is better, but not extremly.

------------------
Regards
RF

#184474 - 04/13/05 10:19 AM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi,R-F
Thanks
Do you have any info about price?

#184475 - 04/13/05 03:26 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
No official information but surely more expensive.
Official is: Better vocal harmony, USB port as PSR 3000, no built in floppy drive but option to use an USB floppy and of course better voices.
No infos about CD writer, MP3 playback, but I don't want to pay these features.
I noticed, I'm quoted in another forum (because the people posting the psr-world link, said "German" because the language, but Germany's Yamaha forum is Yamaha.de Forum )

------------------
Regards
RF

#184476 - 04/14/05 02:03 PM Re: Tyros 2 at Frankfurt
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Quote:
Originally posted by Michi_1214:
Hello Thomas!

These pictures, which you have been published without my agrrement. please
ask me before you pulished my pictures!

Thanks!

Micha (michi_1214 from the Yamaha-Forum)

Just to let you know, Thomas didn't do anything wrong. If you don't want to allow so called deeplinking, then you can manipulate the root of your webserver. I won't tell the technical details here since it doesn't interest anyone

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online