SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#184192 - 11/19/00 11:35 AM Looking for info on PSR-GX76
Doug Norton Offline

Loc: Memphis, TN
Hi all --

New to the group. I'm currently using Band in a Box 9 as a composition aid, Cakewalk 8 for sequencing, and have kicked around the idea of getting a personal/arranger type keyboard to go with my JV880, Trinity, DX7, and NanoPiano.

I've seen a few ads for the PSR-GX76, and wondered if anyone has any experience with the product. I've experimented some with the PSR540 and 640, and I had hoped that the sounds were similar.

I'm looking at this almost strictly from a price standpoint, as I have a new baby due within the month. The idea of the 76 note keyboard appeals to me, too. Thanks for your time.

#184193 - 11/19/00 05:11 PM Re: Looking for info on PSR-GX76
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I agree with Uncle Dave. The sounds are pretty good for a low priced Yamaha keyboard. Although the panel voices are not as good as the 640, they are still pretty good and there are still general midi sounds in addition to the panel voices. Having 76 keys is a real nice plus. I sell a lot of these.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#184194 - 12/31/00 04:25 AM Re: Looking for info on PSR-GX76
Anonymous
Unregistered

Reviving an old post on the GX76...

Not being a piano/synth veteran I'm really just looking for something in the price range of the GX76 that gives a decent grand piano sound and can help me with my love of the Fender Rhodes sound as well. How does the GX76 stack up in those areas? I'm leaning towards it at the moment primarily because of the extra keys, but if there's no Rhodes love I may think again.

I'd appreciate any advice you may have on the GX76 or what keyboards in that price range have a good Rhodes sound.

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

Philip

[This message has been edited by Phil C (edited 12-31-2000).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online