SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#183885 - 12/30/05 07:05 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
You mean that's not NATURAL ???

Make-up ... lighting... air brush ...

Yea, lets see em when they wake up, & Botoxless

#183886 - 12/30/05 07:10 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
We should be so lucky....

#183887 - 12/30/05 07:11 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Now I am spoiled with my own idea ..using multiple channels with an external vocalizer[Tune 1000's Harmony Box]..

Fran, tell me more about the Harmony Box. Any advantage over the Digitech VR? Works with any midi? Sound quality, ease of use, setup, etc? Thx.

Glenn

#183888 - 12/30/05 07:14 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I'm in agreement with Frank...

I have some colleagues who use off-board vocal processors. The Helicon seems to have the best ratings. I really was hoping that the T2 would be improved...

Chony

#183889 - 12/30/05 07:18 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
Dnj Offline

Helicon is good but has undesirable navagation vs the Digitech vr for live stage use.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-30-2005).]

#183890 - 12/30/05 07:45 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Glenn, I bought the Harmony Box when I was a Tune 1000 dealer...I could not sell them because it is basically a vocoder without effects..You assign the midi channel via sequencer...I loaded mine as a channel 5 vocoder[it remains in memory..]..

What it does it does well..The vocal quality is better then Digitech and Helicon, to me..It is more natural and clear..
You have 3 knobs ..harmony, lead and overall volumes..

Low impedance input as well as line in..Stereo outs..Midi in out thru..

Rackmount or table top combination..

If you have the right controller key board[and I do, G1000], you can re route any of the parts of a SMF to the channel 5 [Harmony Box setting], allowing very complex harmonies with SMF..I also can route any live time parts from the G1000 to the Harmony Box..

All my midi set ups are stored in the 8 on board user banks..for quick personalized changes..

Hopefully a future keyboard like the Roland G70 or Korg PA1X will have this capability internally to it's own harmonizer...Currently no manufacturer can do this, even using midi in/out with locals off...do not work..because the harmonizer is not a midi [internal component] option..

BTW Glenn, you can use the VR the same way, the main tool is the keyboard[if it has the capability to route the parts, and save the changes for quick access].

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 12-30-2005).]

#183891 - 12/30/05 10:01 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The vocal harmonizer is like any other effect unit,it must be set up properly.The ones in the Tyros 1/2 and the 3k are the best.
Learn how to use it properly,and you will be well rewarded.
Happy New Year.
Ian
Frank,do you still have your Tyros 2 up for sale?

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 12-30-2005).]

#183892 - 12/30/05 10:25 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I have used them all, and the easiest to set-up was the G70 closely followed by the SD1. the PA1xpro was more involved but it sounds great. the T1 and T2 are more of a gimmick harmonizer and not a professional grade at all. Trust me I would like to say differently but fact is fact, play them all and you will agree, the T2 sounds very robotic, thin, and un natural.

If by some means you have figured out a setting that sounds good, please send it to me and I will be the first to apologize for my rant, but I am very confident that it will be a long time before this actually happens.

No I am not selling the T2, but if Ketron comes up with a SD1plus replacement I am there, sight un seen.

Seriously send me the file

#183893 - 12/30/05 10:42 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I suggest any T2 owner/singer should get to grips with the T2 vocaliser as it certainly doesn't sound as bad as people make it out to be on here. I am not a singer myself but I've had a couple come round and I've tried it out with good results.
Fair enough it's no way near as good as a dedicated stand alone vocaliser unit, but it more than does the job as long as you don't go overboard with the settings. For solo artistes who can't afford a stand alone unit after parting with their hard earned cash on a T2 it is more than adequate.
Experiment with it and you will get results.

#183894 - 12/30/05 10:56 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
everyone has different taste, just like in music, I have recorded with the T2 harmonizer and with the PA1 and everyone has picked the PA as either a live group singing or an amazing sound, the T2 has always been picked as " oh you have one of those machine that adds voices "

You knoe the T2 can have weakness too, regardless of how much you paid for it

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online