SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#183875 - 12/30/05 04:49 AM Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I mean come on, The T1 vocalizer was horrible the SD1 was not bad then the PA1x with the Helicon was great then Rolands sounded great than the T2 comes out and sounds like crap.

I thought the whole purpose of a arranger keyboard was for all in one type concept.

just venting

#183876 - 12/30/05 05:09 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
...... hmmmmmm ... I would expect you to get differing opinions on that ...

t.

#183877 - 12/30/05 05:24 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tony, I would trust Frank's opinion...he has owned them all..

I have heard others say the vocalizer is still weak..not up to par with the others.

My experience is only with the PSR2100 and Tyros..I thought they were okay, not great, but not a big deal to me..

Now I am spoiled with my own idea ..using multiple channels with an external vocalizer[Tune 1000's Harmony Box]..

#183878 - 12/30/05 05:29 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'll stick with the Digitech VR for now--haven't heard any onboard vocalizers that sounded nearly as good. The PSR-3000 and Tyros vocal processors can be fine tuned to sound fair to good, but they'll never get into the excellent category. I have not heard the T2's vocal processor yet, but I understand it is the same one used in the Tyros.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#183879 - 12/30/05 05:32 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Sorry for the rant, I think I'll be doing the off board vocalizer for the Tyros, too bad, I like allot of things about the board,

I guess I'll have to wait for the new Ketron

#183880 - 12/30/05 05:51 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I'll stick with the Digitech VR for now--haven't heard any onboard vocalizers that sounded nearly as good. The PSR-3000 and Tyros vocal processors can be fine tuned to sound fair to good, but they'll never get into the excellent category. I have not heard the T2's vocal processor yet, but I understand it is the same one used in the Tyros.Cheers,Gary

I'll have to agree with Gary.......the Yammy vocalizer is just ok IF you keep the gain pod very low eg: 9:00 Oclock and boost your amp volume otherwise its a overmodulated vocal distorted mess.......Im hearing from others 3k/T1/T2 is no change.
The Digitech VR is in another class for sure but means carrying another piece of gear & more wires too hook up, is it really worth it to you? if so do it.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-30-2005).]

#183881 - 12/30/05 06:03 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
This vocalizer set up works best!!

#183882 - 12/30/05 06:29 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Now that's a trio!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#183883 - 12/30/05 06:31 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
Dnj Offline

makeup works wonders eh?

#183884 - 12/30/05 06:47 AM Re: Yamaha continues the tradition for a horrible sounding vocalizer on the T2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
makeup works wonders eh?

You mean that's not NATURAL ???

Make-up ... lighting... air brush ...

Back to the original issue, I personally was not agreeing or disagreeing as I don't own a Yamaha,... it's just that I know there are people here who think it's fine ...
I use the Digitech ex, myself ...

QUOTE from Dnj:
"The Digitech VR is in another class for sure but means carrying another piece of gear & more wires too hook up, is it really worth it to you? if so do it."

You're absolutely right, Donny ... whatever works for the individual ...

t.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online