SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#183828 - 05/29/03 09:06 AM Re: Cakewalk Sonar Multitrak Recording for PC
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
That's $632 US Dollars for all our American SZ members. That is quite disparaging indeed! Even if you buy over the internet I suppose you still have to pay that price because of the VAT in European countries. One possible solution John is if you knew someone personally that has a business with a VAT number you could give him your money and let him purchase your gear at the reduced rate whereby saving you a substantial amount. Although I am not sure what I am suggesting is legal to do. But if it is and you know such a person with a VAT number that would be one way to save money on your gear.

Best regards,
Mike

#183829 - 06/03/03 01:14 AM Re: Cakewalk Sonar Multitrak Recording for PC
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
mmmmm I'll have to think about that one!

#183830 - 06/03/03 09:12 PM Re: Cakewalk Sonar Multitrak Recording for PC
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Orriginally posted by Islander: "It cost about $400.00! I have been thinking about going to PC recordings but I understand you have to really know what your're doing!!"

Nah! You don't really have to know what you're doing--I'm living proof of that, and you don't have to spend that much money for a multi-track recording program. Cakewalk's Music Creator 2003 sells for $39 at Best Buy, is a multi-track recording program that's fairly easy to use, produces excellent results, and can be used for both midi and WAV recording alike. You may want to look into this one before shelling out $400.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#183831 - 06/04/03 06:45 AM Re: Cakewalk Sonar Multitrak Recording for PC
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
I have a fast PC (at 3.06GHz), fast hard drives, a Delta card, but use very "affordable" software:
- n-Track Studio (for all my recording needs)
- Cool-Edit (for editing and cleaning of .wav/vocal tracks)

I think n-track is right around $70 and Cool edit is another $70.00

..rb

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online