SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18369 - 01/31/02 05:59 PM X5D Key Velocity Issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

I've got A Korg X5-D that I use with a Roland XV3080 Synth module w/the concert piano expansion module installed.

The issue I have is with key velocity levels.
I've tried adjusting the key velocity setting on the X5D to all settings. However, I can never hear more than three different levels produced at the speakers. Bascially, soft, medium, and loud.

Is that all the X5D can produce? Or, am I missing something?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#18370 - 02/04/02 06:35 PM Re: X5D Key Velocity Issue
brzilian76 Offline

The X5D is a "budget" synth. I have one as well in addion to a couple others from Roland and Yamaha. You can't expect great keyboard action out of a $500 synth that is as light as a feather and constructed as cheaply as the X5D is.

If you are looking for better response, I suggest you look at a used higher end synth or a MIDI controller. The X5D does not transmitt aftertouch data either. Considering you are driving a XV3080, it would be to your benefit to have that capability. It will allow you to be that much more expressive and give you more control over the sounds produced by the 3080.

[This message has been edited by brzilian76 (edited 02-04-2002).]

#18371 - 02/05/02 04:55 PM Re: X5D Key Velocity Issue
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, does that mean it (the X5D) only supports three velocity levels?

By the way, I am looking at the Roland RS-9 which I checked out at a store the other day. It has a great piano sound (which is my primary interest) and 88 keys. Cost is approx $800 USD. It is also very lightweight.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online