SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#183538 - 07/22/06 12:25 PM Re: I just want to talk to G70 fans........!!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Donny.. My apologies for invading your thread here but I just can't help escape this thought... the more I read it, the more I'm seeing that all of this stuff is just too subjective based on what each individual likes, for me to use it toward any meaningful decision about a kb.

Case in point: Mike TV and I are practically on exact opposite sides of the spectrum. I happen to think the sounds for me are among the weaker points of the PA series, yet I understand and like the OS better certainly than comparable Yamahas.... and yet I know I'm way in the minority about the OS. Yet if I was looking at the synth patches as my primary lead instruments instead of the guitar and pianos, then I'd probably like the PA the best

I'm just glad that I get to side by side all of them, because I think what I'm really saying is that what I or anyone else thinks of the sounds and styles and OS.. etc etc probably shouldn't be all that important to a person looking at one of these creatures.. because in the end I think it's likely that we'd probably see it a little different than the next person anyway.

AJ

#183539 - 07/22/06 12:41 PM Re: I just want to talk to G70 fans........!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not sure what you mean from the VA series (never made it to my area).......

There's a way to use the D-Beam to drop to just Bass and Drums and back (and other things) p.65 in the manual

#183540 - 07/22/06 12:50 PM Re: I just want to talk to G70 fans........!!
Diki Offline

BTW..... my best 'tip' is BUY AN FC-7.

Firstly, it's programmable (unlike the G1000). Globally, unfortunately, but better than nothing, eh?

A lot of things you would normally have to do with fingers can be taken to your feet. My setup is........ (from left to right)

Variation 1
Variation 2
Variation 3
Variation 4 (these also trigger the fill if Auto fill-in On)
Lower Sustain
Upper Sustain
Leslie Fast/Slow

Hence one pedalboard for my whole rig....... (although I am thinking of adding a pedal to do Start/Stop - well away from the FC-7 - I don't like to put things at my feet that can potentially ruin a performance!)

#183541 - 07/22/06 12:51 PM Re: I just want to talk to G70 fans........!!
Dnj Offline

Diki on the VA7/76 there was a screen that showed three icon pics..

bass/drums/small combo/full band

as a style was playing you could go on this display and by simply hit each icon it with strip the style to one of these three options....very useful in live play.....I was wondering if the G70 has it or can do it ...I will look at the manual asap.

#183542 - 07/22/06 12:55 PM Re: I just want to talk to G70 fans........!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
Donny.. My apologies for invading your thread here but I just can't help escape this thought... the more I read it, the more I'm seeing that all of this stuff is just too subjective based on what each individual likes, for me to use it toward any meaningful decision about a kb.
AJ

Aj..... I just hope this thread teaches peole a few things including myself I agree with your thoughts & concerns....it boils down to what YOU like .....even trying one in the store does NOT guarantee HAPPINESS......that might or might not come in a few months down the road....its the nature of the beast in this game.......you either deal with it, change it, or just sell it......do whatever it takes best you can & hopefully in the end if there is ever an end BE HAPPY with your choice without letting anyone sway you...
LISTEN TO YOURSELF!!

Good Luck

#183543 - 07/22/06 01:38 PM Re: I just want to talk to G70 fans........!!
Diki Offline

No, G70 doesn't have that........ nice idea, wonder why they dropped it?

There are solo and mute buttons for the parts, and ways to go to B&D only and back, but nothing like that (although you could program a UPG with the setting and bang into it on the fly......)

It seems Roland always look for the MOST useful feature in an arranger to leave off the next model...... (hint, hint, Chord Sequencer......!)

#183544 - 07/22/06 02:44 PM Re: I just want to talk to G70 fans........!!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
No u got me wrong. I think anybody who likes a g70 can only like even more and have more variety of sounds with an expansion board. My fav is the asian one..ITS ORIENTAL DRUMS ARE BETTER THAN ANYTHING COMPARABLE. The e80 has 2 srx slots. Thats even more better. If u read my post i did say i loved the choir sounds, trumpets,and accordions of the g70 itself. But man those expansion boards are WORTH the extra cost.

#183545 - 07/22/06 10:43 PM Re: I just want to talk to G70 fans........!!
Dnj Offline

The feature on the Va series Im refering to is cal "THE ORCHESTRATOR"

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-22-2006).]

#183546 - 07/22/06 10:49 PM Re: I just want to talk to G70 fans........!!
Dnj Offline

The feature on the Va series Pg 63 in the va76 manual Im refering to is called
"THE ORCHESTRATOR"

http://www.rolandus.com/support/product_manuals/VA-76_OM.pdf

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-22-2006).]

#183547 - 07/23/06 06:57 AM Re: I just want to talk to G70 fans........!!
Dnj Offline

Another thing I noticed & forgot to talk about was that while playing the G70 & moving around thru different modes, sounds, menus was that it was lightning fast....everything changed instantly......on my Tyros 2 there is a very small time LAG in comparison when changing modes, or accessing the SEQ search for a SMF or lyrics mode out of style play etc etc .....this was another factor that made me smile on the G70.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online