SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#183359 - 03/11/07 12:25 AM Re: How I Got This Way...
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Gary,
Thanks for filling in the "person behind the person" on the forum. For many of us you have become a respected and knowledgeable contributor and it is nice to know a little more about you. Arising from modern technology, the internet, people such as yourself have become well known (famous!)to others scattered across the world (in my case Australia), a contact that otherwise would not have been possible. Gives you a warm feeling!
Regards,
Keith

#183360 - 03/11/07 01:20 AM Re: How I Got This Way...
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Nice one Gary.
PS...Do you have room for 2 more on your boat?

#183361 - 03/11/07 03:08 AM Re: How I Got This Way...
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary, I appreciate your post. Your life story shows a man of ability and leadership, beautiful.

Because of you I am playing a PSR3000 and using a Logitech Z5500, thank you. You are the first one I look to for help – and that says something special about you. A giving man has to be living a beautiful life.

There is a life after playing professionally and that is playing for the love of music, that’s pretty much where I am now, it’s good.

I have read a book by Thomas Kinkade, “The art of creative living”. He approaches being all you can be from a religious, artistic point of view.

After reading Kinkade’s book my wife took early retirement, I have cut my work schedule and we’re off to see the US in our new motor home. My next dream would be to own a sailboat and feel and see more of the beautiful places in this world. (Age permitting)

Thanks again for you post Gary, John C.

#183362 - 03/11/07 03:41 AM Re: How I Got This Way...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Gary, great story, and I appreciate your sharing of your personal life.

Like Don M, I am glad to see the childish and immature bickering at a stop...this forum is pretty special and needs to be preserved.

Ian

------------------
Cha d’dhùin doras nach d’fhosgail doras.

#183363 - 03/11/07 09:05 AM Re: How I Got This Way...
montana Offline

Loc: red lodge,mt,usa
You guys are right this is a wonderful means of comunication. There is not reason for bickering. I check the site everyday and love every ones opinion but it should never turn hurtfull.

#183364 - 03/11/07 12:54 PM Re: How I Got This Way...
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
thanks Gary, I enjoyed your story.

#183365 - 03/11/07 05:40 PM Re: How I Got This Way...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I sincerely wish to thank everyone for their complements, and hopefully sometime in the very near future my wife and I will be able to make another whilewind trip and meet many of you in person. The zone and many of its members have been a true inspiration to many of us, and hopefully this spirit of cooperation will continue through the ensuing years.

Thanks again,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#183366 - 03/11/07 11:39 PM Re: How I Got This Way...
BrisbaneJim Offline

Loc: Hervey Bay, Queensland, Austra...
I cannot praise Gary enough. He has helped me repeatedly in a kindly friendly fashion. He answers email requests promptly and shares his styles, registrations etc unconditionally. Thank you so much Gary.
Jim

------------------
Jim

#183367 - 03/12/07 11:34 AM Re: How I Got This Way...
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Gary,
You have helped me also. I cut out your post on how to change volume, instruments, etc., on a MIDI file. Will try this out tonight. I looked in the manual and did not find information on how to do this.
If you run out of things to do , you could write a proper manual for the PSR3K (for pay of course), cause Yamaha did a lousy job.
Starkeeper

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online