SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#182838 - 12/26/05 02:23 PM playing Bass ,Melody and Arranger...
Vadim Offline

most of the time i played manual bass on keyboard i used right side Upper 2, and i switch to Upper 1 when it was break,
but not long ago a user program I created when you play chords with left hand at the same time it's manual bass, and with the right you can play whatever you want...
Maybe this isn't that exiting to you guys but i just love playing bass on keyboard (especialy with this user program)cuz it's more expressive...
I think it's prety cool user program, cuz at the same time you play chords for arranger, bass, and melody...

here is a link to a song i made quickly just to test/show this program:
http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=96k-sec__2005-12-26_BassMelody96K.mp3&s=black

comments and criticism on the song or program itself are welcome

[This message has been edited by Vadim (edited 12-26-2005).]

#182839 - 12/26/05 03:04 PM Re: playing Bass ,Melody and Arranger...
Dnj Offline

I enjoyed the song very nice minor melodic structure, but not the power drums which overloded the song IMO...Nice string work.
When playing manual bass it has to be very velocity consistant to be believable especialy when played on a keyboard....
Thanx for sharing.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-26-2005).]

#182840 - 12/26/05 03:29 PM Re: playing Bass ,Melody and Arranger...
Musicman22 Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, Fl.
Vadim

Your music sounds very good but, I don't understand. Did you create this program and if you did, how does it allow you to play chords and bass in the left hand at the same time?

Peter

#182841 - 12/26/05 07:18 PM Re: playing Bass ,Melody and Arranger...
Vadim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Musicman22:
Vadim

Your music sounds very good but, I don't understand. Did you create this program and if you did, how does it allow you to play chords and bass in the left hand at the same time?

Peter

I created program myself but i didn't create the style.
why it allows me to play bass and chords at the same time is because when roland is in split mode and Manual Bass is on and Lower 2 is on the bass is automaticaly set to mono not poly, so i just turn the lower 2(or lower 1) on, and turn off Acompaniment Bass... it's kinda simple but i never toght of this idea before...

I can give you the user program, it would work in Roland.

#182842 - 12/26/05 07:40 PM Re: playing Bass ,Melody and Arranger...
Vadim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Musicman22:
Vadim

Peter

I created program myself but i didn't create the style.
why it allows me to play bass and chords at the same time is because when roland is in split mode and Manual Bass is on and Lower 2 is on the bass is automaticaly set to mono not poly, so i just turn the lower 2(or lower 1) on, and turn off Acompaniment Bass... it's kinda simple but i never toght of this idea before...

I can give you the user program, it would work in Roland.

#182843 - 12/26/05 08:04 PM Re: playing Bass ,Melody and Arranger...
Vadim Offline

Sorry, didn't mean to reply twice.
I saved the user program from my VA76, i don't know if i saved the whole set of user programs or just one, if it's the whole set than the user program is: A23 GS Beat http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=User+Program:+A23__2005-12-26_A23GSBEAT.UVA

#182844 - 12/26/05 09:04 PM Re: playing Bass ,Melody and Arranger...
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
Although I don't always like the bass to take over from the melody I do like this piece.
Good work.
Cousin Ken

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online