SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18266 - 05/21/99 10:55 AM How to sample an (N364)drumkit to a roland s760 ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
Is there any easy way of sampling a kit (using midi ?) from a synth other than sampling each sound seperately and assigning it to the keys.
Ridge98

#18267 - 06/21/99 12:01 AM Re: How to sample an (N364)drumkit to a roland s760 ?
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
Probably not, but its easier than you might think, since Roland has built-in editing software that makes it pretty easy to do. The last of their samplers I used was the venerable S-50 from way back, but I'm pretty sure you can get the S-760 system to automatically move to the next key after the previous sample is done.
Also, make sure that you sample things DRY unless its for a specific/special purpose. That way, you can add FX at will afterwards, which is much more flexible.
I LOVE Korg drum kits; you can flail away at them and get what I consider to be the best results in the industry. The layouts are
very musical; I can see why you'd want to transfer them.
If anybody knows of a way to do a full dump of a drum kit like this via MIDI, I'd like to hear about it myself, although you'd still have to assign the SOUNDS individually after the fact; MIDI is merely operational data, not soundwaves per se.
Let us know how it goes.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online