SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#182677 - 06/02/00 02:25 AM Re: Electronic Fake Book?
DannyJay Offline

Loc: Merritt Island, FL, USA
Something else that works. Most people started with the laptop for sequencing, and notation, lyrics, etc.

With the advent of the new LCD monitors, we now have another alternative. The lap top is great but a good one costs just as much and more likely a lot more than one of the new monitors. And the LCD monitors can be rotated 180 degrees so they look like a normal page in a book.

So far as the computer is concerned ... just add a 4 or 5 rack mount cpu, through in a $10 key board and you got it. you dont have to worry about trying to find memory, or hard drive, or other parts for the laptop anymore. You get only what you need. It is a system dedicated to your set up and the.

The new LCD screens can be set on a music stand or table or anything. Price? A good one is probably about $1,000.00. You will also get more bang for the buck in a computer. The rack mount computer cases are readily available at various places on the web.

Another advantage for those so inclined is you can easily network the system to your desktop at home using win98 second addition. You will just need to run a wire from your gear to the desktop.

#182678 - 06/02/00 02:27 AM Re: Electronic Fake Book?
DannyJay Offline

Why am I still a junior member. Should I send my reply sentences in seperate messages. I am certainly no junior.

#182679 - 06/02/00 02:29 AM Re: Electronic Fake Book?
DannyJay Offline

Why am I still a junior member. Should I send my reply sentences in seperate messages. I am certainly no junior. I had to wait 60 seconds for the water to go down to post this reply.

#182680 - 06/02/00 02:30 AM Re: Electronic Fake Book?
DannyJay Offline

Why am I still a junior member. Should I send my reply sentences in seperate messages. I am certainly no junior. I had to wait another 60 seconds for the water to go down to post this reply.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online