SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#182544 - 12/31/01 07:07 PM First topic of 2002!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
It is the morning of a New Year, here in Rome; the city is still half-asleep after a night of celebrations (for us Europeans this year marks the official introduction of the new Euro currency and so this New Year's Eve was particularly important for us).
This is the first topic of 2002 and also, I hope, an occasion for you to write whatever you want and feel about this day or this new year.
Happy 2002!
Andrea

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 12-31-2001).]

#182545 - 12/31/01 07:32 PM Re: First topic of 2002!
Roel Offline

Hi Andrea,
It's white in The Netherland and very quiet.
Tonight we have our first gig of 2002.

Happy new year to all friends of the 'forum-family' !!

Btw. Are the Italians happy with the new currency ? (The amount of millionairs must have decreased dramatically in your country ?!)

;D

Roel

#182546 - 12/31/01 11:54 PM Re: First topic of 2002!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Happy year 2002 everybody!

Strange Andrea, your "first" topic don't have
a new year date here on my PC, even if it is
about 15 in the afternoon here.

Anyway, the new year started in a various
weather condition, from -10 celsius and lot
of snow yesterday, and +10 and rain pouring
down today. Quite a difference...
Nice weather to stay inside and play keyboard
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#182547 - 01/01/02 12:17 AM Re: First topic of 2002!
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Same wishes for everybody from a sunny and NOT WHITE western ,close to sea, part of the Netherlands.

(I guess Roel is in the east part of the netherlands.)

Anyway a HAPPY/HEALTHY 2002 and beyond to all members/friends.

After this I start unplugging all my gear and equipment and put away my guitars in a safe place, as from coming monday till next few weeks we put an extra floor in our house.

Fred

#182548 - 01/01/02 12:18 AM Re: First topic of 2002!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Dreamer,

So this new year, you will no longer be able to use the lire? Or you have the option to use both?

#182549 - 01/01/02 01:47 AM Re: First topic of 2002!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi all,
Roel, not all the italians (like not all the europeans, I guess) are happy with this change in currency; especially the older people are afraid to make mistakes and in general it is always hard to change one's habits (even for young people like us, born in the Fif.....hmmmmm....well, born anyway)
Freddy, is there really a sunny part of Netherlands, especially in winter? (just kidding....) I remember that many years ago I was in Rotterdam for two weeks, in May; the weather was always changing as the wind blowing from the sea was bringing new clouds or taking away the old ones. As soon as the sun came out, there were people (especially women) laying down on the front steps of their houses and sunbathing....the day after it was all cloudy again and they knew, so better hurry and take a chance as long as they could!
SK880, lira and euro will go side by side till the end of February; from March on you cannot spend lires any longer and you can only change them at the Central Bank (Bank of Italy).
(Hmmm....I guess that I will have to dig out all those lires buried in my garden...)

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 01-01-2002).]

#182550 - 01/01/02 02:20 AM Re: First topic of 2002!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Don't dig up any of it Andrea, let the future
generations see that there was a millionaire
playing keyboard living there
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#182551 - 01/01/02 05:03 AM Re: First topic of 2002!
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi dreamer,
A happy newyear to you and everyone on this forum. I played in the carlton hotel yesterday-evening in Antwerpen (belgium). My last gig of 2001.
For everyone a good and healty 2002 !!!!!!!
greetings Notlos. http://www.mp3.com/dirkbaert

------------------

#182552 - 01/01/02 06:02 AM Re: First topic of 2002!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Happy New Year from Louisiana. It's rather cool here today, but nothing like most of the world, I'm sure.
I played for a great group of people last night at a club on a nearby lake.
I'm very glad I spend quite a lot of time with the PSR2000 in the past two days, because I had to play almost totally in the dark.
I always take extra bulbs for my lamp, but the lamp itself shorted out. There were no stage lights, because the club is being remodeled and they haven't been installed yet.
So--I had no lyrics or charts to see, except a few imbedded in midis, so everything was from memory, and I had to remember where the buttons on the keyboard were and their functions.
However, everything went great, and it was an "enlightening" experience.
Best wishes,
DonM

#182553 - 01/01/02 06:26 AM Re: First topic of 2002!
Anonymous
Unregistered

My trusty 740 just paid for my 2000.

325 revellers with requests for everything from Viennese Waltzes and Merengues to Country and good ol' rock and roll...and only one request that I never heard of.

That, plus the definition of a successful gig (show up, play, get paid) made it a great night. But the ol' body is paying a bit of a price, because I work standing and after 4 1/2 hours I am ready to "couch-out" today.

Hope all your gigs were as much fun.

#182554 - 01/01/02 09:24 AM Re: First topic of 2002!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Also, this year is the world cup soccer...

Hopefully, USA will do good. Usually, my family routes for the Itallian team, but we did not do it the last few times because of a lousy player named Roberto Bagio.

#182555 - 01/01/02 11:10 AM Re: First topic of 2002!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My last gig of the year ended rather UNeventfully ....
except for a small incident at about 12:45 AM. (I guess that makes it my FIRST gig of the year)
Two uniformed police officers barged in, nightsticks at the ready, yelling "Where is he?" - the owner/bartender asks "Who" , and the officer says "I saw a 16 yr old run in here, and if I find him, I'm shutting you down!"
Now....none of us saw this alleged teen, and we were all wondering WHAT was going on??
There was an awkward silence while the officers searched the place, and then it came to me ........
I started to play Nat Cole's "Too Young"...very low at first, but I gradually crept the volume up....little by little. The bartender noticed, and gave me a wink of approval, but no one else responded. After they left (empty handed) I kicked it back into high gear, and we went on with the party. What a way to start the year !
I hate amatuer night.

#182556 - 01/01/02 12:09 PM Re: First topic of 2002!
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
My last gig on 2001: I played in a poor house.My music made some old faces happy.
I was thinking over how far is the happiness
for that people;may be a smile, a caress,a song...
I am feeling brandnew for 2002.
Peace and music for all!

Chico(still loving 9000Pro )

#182557 - 01/01/02 12:48 PM Re: First topic of 2002!
Beakybird Offline

Uncle Dave,

Quick reaction.

You could have sung a la Ringo Star:

"He's 16
He's horrible
And he's mine
All mine all mine"

#182558 - 01/01/02 02:34 PM Re: First topic of 2002!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
My New Years Eve gigs went well without a hitch. I'm glad I spent the weekend nursing my cold: taking extra vitamins, echanecia, and drinking lots of tea. It really paid off in getting me thru the evening feeling in top form. I rang in 2002 twice: first at a senior retirement village, then for a large private new years party bash! ... Now I just need to spend a few days recovering from all this. Where's the aspirin ? ! - Scott

#182559 - 01/01/02 11:12 PM Re: First topic of 2002!
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Had one of my best 'New Years Eve' events ever in 2001! played to about 500+ people of all ages in a venue near Southampton in the UK, although I used my PSR740 topped with a Yamaha S-03! this was a full live band gig (5 piece)
Played just about every type of music through
the evening and amazingly finished at 01.20 with 'Deep Purple's' Black Night! should of renamed it 'Cold Night' because when I loaded up at 02.30 on Tuesday morning my car looked like an ice cube on wheels.

Regards to everyone, have a great new year.

Noel...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online