SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#182500 - 06/08/06 10:28 AM Re: Van Morrison Song: "Come Running (to me)" performed on Tyros2
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hey Scott,

I just had a chance to listen to your song.
Great job.

I like actually your version better than the origional. Yours is a bit more upbeat and happier. And of course much clearer.

Again great job.
Thanks for sharing.

Eric

#182501 - 06/08/06 04:12 PM Re: Van Morrison Song: "Come Running (to me)" performed on Tyros2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Graham & Eric: Thanks for your support guys Everyone's positive feedback has given me the confidence to attempt recording yet ANOTHER Van Morrison tune (but this a ballad, and more widely regonized one) now. I'll post a thread annoucement when I get it posted. - Scott

#182502 - 06/08/06 05:23 PM Re: Van Morrison Song: "Come Running (to me)" performed on Tyros2
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Hey Scott,
I had a listen to your song and thoroughly enjoyed it. (I’m probably one of the last ones to post comments about it.) As many others have pointed out, it’s fun, it’s upbeat, and you did a fine job with it. The recording was clean and clear and your use of the harmonizer was measured and IMO about the right amount for the overall song. I think you have a winner here. About the only thing the Van Morrison original offered by way of added “punch” was its bass line.
Paul C.

#182503 - 06/08/06 06:47 PM Re: Van Morrison Song: "Come Running (to me)" performed on Tyros2
Kmac Offline

Excellent recording and instrumentation Scott- the guitar sounded so authentic - I think what arrangers always need to remember (which you always do) is that just because you push the guitar sound button doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to sound like a guitar (or any other instrument choice for that matter). You do an awesome job of articulating, phrasing and voicing your instrumentation/ sound choices in a manner which makes them sound authentic - Super work!
Vocals were great too - : )
KMac

#182504 - 06/08/06 10:12 PM Re: Van Morrison Song: "Come Running (to me)" performed on Tyros2
Scottyee Offline

Paul, thanks for the listen and insightful comments.

Quote:
Originally posted by SBPC:
About the only thing the Van Morrison original offered by way of added “punch” was its bass line.
Paul C.

Hi Paul: Realizing you just purchased a Tyros2 yourself (btw: congratulation ), rest assured, though I myself opted against adding any more punch to the bass part than I did, it's possible (on Tyros2) to add MORE (in your face?!) punch to the auto accomp bass line (if desired), by increasing the bass track volume, and/or adding some chorus effect to further fatten the sound if desired.

Kmac, as I said in your other thread response to my other song posting: "Corcovado", a warm welcome back to SZ. Can't believe it's been over 4 years since you last posted. I really appreciate your positive reply to my song, especially realizing that you're a professional music educator and award winning keyboard artist in your own right. Hope you find time to participate more often on this forum. - Scott

#182505 - 06/09/06 07:15 AM Re: Van Morrison Song: "Come Running (to me)" performed on Tyros2
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Hi Scott,
I should have been more specific in my comment about the bass line “punch.” I wasn’t referring to the volume or “fatness” of the bass. I think you had that at a level that you would not want to increase, as you suggested. Rather, I was referring to the melodic content and rhythmic differences between the Train Beat style bass line and the bass line of the Van Morrison number. To my ears that made the difference I was referring to. But that comes down to a question of individual (and hence subjective) musical taste.
Paul C

#182506 - 06/13/06 06:07 AM Re: Van Morrison Song: "Come Running (to me)" performed on Tyros2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Graham & Eric: Thanks for your support guys Everyone's positive feedback has given me the confidence to attempt recording yet ANOTHER Van Morrison tune (but this a ballad, and more widely regonized one) now. I'll post a thread annoucement when I get it posted. - Scott

I'm thinking "Have I Told You Lately" ... ??? ...
t.

#182507 - 06/13/06 06:59 AM Re: Van Morrison Song: "Come Running (to me)" performed on Tyros2
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I'm thinking "Have I Told You Lately" ... ??? ...

The one I'm recording next is a crazy love song.

Hey Tony, a big WELCOME BACK to ya! Can't wait to see the pics taken with you & Andrea, as well as other photo highlights from trip to Italy. Did you catch any interesting music shows/acts there? Might perhaps your next Synthzone song contribution be an Italian inspired tune?

Scott

#182508 - 06/13/06 10:02 AM Re: Van Morrison Song: "Come Running (to me)" performed on Tyros2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:

Hey Tony, a big WELCOME BACK to ya! Can't wait to see the pics taken with you & Andrea, as well as other photo highlights from trip to Italy. Did you catch any interesting music shows/acts there? Might perhaps your next Synthzone song contribution be an Italian inspired tune?

Scott

Scott ... thnx for the welcome back ... I have been trying to catch up, here, at work, at home (jungle of a lawn, etc.) so it's been pretty hectic...

During the tour in Italy we heard some good musicians/vocalists, mostly 'strolling' table to table during dinner ... The night Andrea had dinner with us there was a guitarist/vocalist ... Andrea and I were both impressed especially with his playing ... while at our table he sang a beautiful song which Andrea was kind enough to send me the music to, and I am now trying to find the time to learn it ... besides playing it, I want to sing the Italian lyric as well, so this may take some time ...
In Tuscany the tour had dinner at a restaurant that had a kb player and female vocalist ... He was playing a Solton X1 ... sounded pretty good ...
On the boat to Palermo there was a kb/pianist/vocalist who played and sang well... had a Solton on top of the piano ...
In Taormina (Sicily) we stayed at the Capotaormina Hotel which was really nice ( 4 star ?)... they had a kb/vocalist who was EXCELLENT ... Also played a Solton and a Yamaha digital piano, .... he had a great voice ...
Overall the talent level was pretty high... and when they are singing in Italian, it ALL sounds beautiful ...
ciao,
t.

#182509 - 06/13/06 01:54 PM Re: Van Morrison Song: "Come Running (to me)" performed on Tyros2
Dnj Offline

Quote:

Scott

Scot.....why are you torturing us ????/ where is your next surprise T2 recording... your fans are waiting!! !!!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online