SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#182172 - 10/11/07 06:13 AM Re: Gear Acquisition and marriage
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Good stuff, Chas...

Patty is very cool about my purchases. I've even asked her straight up why she doesn't protest much if at all when I let her know I'm picking up something new. Her response was unless its some insane amount, its no biggie and she's pretty sure its more of a "need" than a "want" issue. We have a great marriage and we really talk about everything...not many secrets or anything. The right hand always knows what the left hand is doing, you might say...

Now...she does get at least one new diamond every year...so, I'm not sure if that's making a difference or not...

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 10-11-2007).]

#182173 - 10/11/07 07:09 PM Re: Gear Acquisition and marriage
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
If you marry the right women in the fist place you'll never have such problems...I speak from experience of doing just that.

I gotta agree with you 100% Graham. I did the same myself. Been married for 27 years and my wife Kerry still encourages me to buy music gear because she knows it makes me happy.

I don't even really remember joining the band I have been playing with for 7 years now. When I was recovering from a brain aneurysm and coma in 2000 Kerry enlisted me in a band some friends were putting together knowing playing music was the best therapy possible. She was right .... damnit she always is She always encourages my gear lust.

#182174 - 10/11/07 08:06 PM Re: Gear Acquisition and marriage
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Can't complain about mine either. Told her that being into music can be expensive before we got married.

Nigel, maybe your wife can start a workshop for those hardhearted wives out there. Who knows, it might turn into a multi-million dollar business. Hubbies, start signing your wives up. And if that doesn't work...get the wife a convertible! (thx, Rikki)

Now what if arrangers came with a Chippendale dancer included...

Taike

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 10-11-2007).]

#182175 - 10/11/07 08:11 PM Re: Gear Acquisition and marriage
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Wife Jann bought my first keyboard when I retired and that set a precedent. that was the Technics PR90 digital piano.
Now every year she starts asking me about this time of year what I would like for christmas and I just tell her. I then do the research, negotiate the best price and give her all the info. it is then up to her, and she always buys or orders the keyboard or gear. then my birthday comes two months later and we go through the same thing again.
When the new keyboard is installed and turned on she gets to play the first song and that is the end of her interest. We traded at one particular store here for many years and the owner would always look over my shoulder when I came in and ask whre is Jann and her checkbook
So, I have a 32 year collection of gear in here
Bebop

#182176 - 10/11/07 09:58 PM Re: Gear Acquisition and marriage
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Wife Jann bought my first keyboard when I retired and that set a precedent. that was the Technics PR90 digital piano.
Now every year she starts asking me about this time of year what I would like for christmas and I just tell her. I then do the research, negotiate the best price and give her all the info. it is then up to her, and she always buys or orders the keyboard or gear. then my birthday comes two months later and we go through the same thing again.
When the new keyboard is installed and turned on she gets to play the first song and that is the end of her interest. We traded at one particular store here for many years and the owner would always look over my shoulder when I came in and ask whre is Jann and her checkbook
So, I have a 32 year collection of gear in here
Bebop

Any chance of getting adopted by you and Jann, BeBop? I'm already potty trained.

Taike

#182177 - 10/12/07 12:40 AM Re: Gear Acquisition and marriage
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Taike,
definately worked in my case. I wanted a keyboard, he got "HIS" convertible. haahaa
Couldn't deny him the pleasure of a new car . He used to swap his cars , nearly as often as I did my keyboards. I'm surprised my Audi survived the 5 years it did.

Secret is, be nice without being super obvious . Worked for him. haa haa.
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Taike:
[B].
And if that doesn't work...get the wife a convertible! (thx, Rikki)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#182178 - 10/12/07 01:54 AM Re: Gear Acquisition and marriage
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Taike,
definately worked in my case. I wanted a keyboard, he got "HIS" convertible. haahaa
Couldn't deny him the pleasure of a new car . He used to swap his cars , nearly as often as I did my keyboards. I'm surprised my Audi survived the 5 years it did.

Secret is, be nice without being super obvious . Worked for him. haa haa.
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Taike:
[B].
And if that doesn't work...get the wife a convertible! (thx, Rikki)

Rikki Congrats with the PA800 and happy playing. You'll have the house to yourself (so crank up the volume) now that hubby's cruising in his convertible.

Taike

#182179 - 10/12/07 02:01 AM Re: Gear Acquisition and marriage
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Good one Rikki....everyone's happy. I hope you enjoy your new keyboard.

Shrouds have no pockets..., sometimes I have to remind myself of that.

#182180 - 10/12/07 02:45 AM Re: Gear Acquisition and marriage
rikkisbears Offline

Thanks Taike,
ain't letting him out of my sight haa haa

Have to crank the volume up anyway, to hear myself over his Playstation 3. First game machine he's owned in his life & he's become an addict. All I can hear most of the the day is Aliens being zapped.
It's great, he's found a hobby I get to enjoy mine .

His forced early retirement is becoming more enjoyable. He used to be a workaholic.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
Rikki Congrats with the PA800 and happy playing. You'll have the house to yourself (so crank up the volume) now that hubby's cruising in his convertible.

Taike

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#182181 - 10/12/07 03:02 AM Re: Gear Acquisition and marriage
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Trident,
thank you, I will.

That's a very interesting quote.

I think as long as you have enough for that proverbial " rainy day", & don't spend money you haven't got, why not spend a bit on what makes you happy. Lifes sometimes too short.

Nearly lost him 3 years ago to a nasty illness, so if a car makes him happy, what the heck.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Shrouds have no pockets..., sometimes I have to remind myself of that.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online