SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18210 - 11/08/98 01:15 AM Korg M1 HELP! Reset to factory settings?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could anyone please tell me how to reset the M1 back to the org. factory setting? Some where I remember turning system on and holding (what) key or button?

ALSO!!!
When playing back a song from the PC in the sequence mode, all the voices have this bad delay and echo, but when you play these voices normal in program mode, you do hear this, only when playing back. When I run the factory demo sequence, it sounds muddy and heavy reverb and delay?

I have had this thing for 8 years but not real talented on the effects modes. HELP!

#18211 - 11/08/98 03:02 PM Re: Korg M1 HELP! Reset to factory settings?
WS Offline

I don't know about holding any buttons but you can download the banks from synthzone.com

#18212 - 11/09/98 01:37 PM Re: Korg M1 HELP! Reset to factory settings?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know that is possible, but does the download overide what is in memory?

#18213 - 12/30/98 10:17 PM Re: Korg M1 HELP! Reset to factory settings?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dave:

I just went through this. There's no key sequence you can press to restore the M1's default sounds. Korg was nice enough to send me the defaults in the form of a midi file that you play and it restores the M1.

Unfortunately, it does overwrite whatever you currently have.

#18214 - 01/13/99 01:17 AM Re: Korg M1 HELP! Reset to factory settings?
Doug Reid Offline

Loc: Thomasville, NC
You CAN initialize the M1 to ERASE all the programs and combinations, but unlike some Roland Synths, it WILL NOT set all the programs and combinations back like originally configured. You will need to reload the programs and combination via midi or card slot.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online