Me and Chico have been privately exchanging some messages and he asked me to explain to all of you how his newly created sharing area works. He is very determined in creating a community of brazilian music exchange (styles, music sheet, midi, mp3 songs, etc).

The way he has chosen to implement this, was using the "MSN communities" concept. Once he gets his web site working internationally (he depends on his provider for that), he will be able to make larger files available.

So, for the moment, if you point in this direction, http://communities.msn.com/chicobrasilmusic/
and follow the usual procedure to join a MSN Group (it works like any other Yahoo group), you will find a lot of files available. Great Yamaha brazilian styles, other yamaha styles, PDF documents with brazilian song transcriptions.

Once that you joint individually, Chico will grant you "administrator permissions" so that everyone can freely upload and download files.

I had the pleasure of hearing one of his renditions (Chico playing his Yamaha 9000 Pro and Sarah Barbosa singing) and I can tell you he's a great musician! He invites everybody to join "his" area!

-- José.