SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#181981 - 05/22/05 11:15 AM Recording Audio From USB
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I recently swapped my Technics KN7000 for Roland G70 . I like the Roland keyboard a lot apart from a few things - the main one not being able to record digital audio to PC .

Does anyone know of any cheap but effective audio recording software in UK (although US should be OK as can get it shipped maybe) . It must allow recording of mp3 or wav direct from G70 using USB .

Have been recommended this Music Maker Generation MM but don't think it works directly via USB .

I know there are a few members of this forum that have producted mp3 demos and would welcome advice especially from anyone who has had a go at this .

Cheers

#181982 - 05/22/05 11:33 AM Re: Recording Audio From USB
chony Offline

Loc: New York
You will need an audio interface for starters. You can get a cheap one starting at $US 150.

After that there are many cheap programs that will do the trick. If you're really budget concious, try Cubase SE for $US 99.

Obviously, more money = better programs and equipment.

#181983 - 05/22/05 11:43 AM Re: Recording Audio From USB
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I record a midi file on my Tyros and then use the approach detailed in PSR Tutorial to complete the recording of the mp3. It works real well. You can download the goldwave software.
http://psrtutorial.com/L/REC/MakeCD.html

Why do you insist on the USB connection, rather than the line in? The PSR Tutorial approach is very cost effective and provides great quality.

------------------
Graham

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online