SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181817 - 06/27/06 03:38 PM Tyros 2 recording La Playa
rbmusic Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD.,USA
I thought I start a new thread for this song since the other thread is getting so long.I just added another song called La Playa. For this I used the bolero lento style and put concert guitar in right and left hands and also added live strings to the chorus. I recorded in realtime directly to the computer. Click on link below and go to La Playa.mp3

https://home.comcast.net/~rbmusic/rbmusic.html

#181818 - 06/27/06 03:58 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Very nice Ray, nice relaxing guitar playing.
Thanks for letting me hear.......cheers..pose

#181819 - 06/27/06 04:20 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
keybG Offline

grate song....grate play....i think am faling in love with Tyros....an other victim....

#181820 - 06/27/06 04:24 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Ray. A truly beautiful song (I never heard this one b4) . . . and an equally beautiful Tyros2 performance by you.
Could you perhaps share some background on the song. Composer, year composed, other artists who've performed it, etc.

I'm also curious what PC digital audio rec software you used to record it with. Because you recorded directly to PC, and not to the Tryos2 itself, I assume you haven't installed a hard drive on your Tyros2, right? You may want to consider purchasing one, as it not only offers you the ability to record everything on the Tyros2 itself, but provides conveninet keyboard storage & playback of all your digital audio songs as well, plus styles, regs, custom voices, audio samples, lyrics too. Tyros2 is certainly a terrfic 'all in one' music performance & production arranger workstation. Ray. Thanks again for sharing your impressive music.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#181821 - 06/27/06 05:19 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Dnj Offline

Beautiful Song.....
Performed with one of my favorite T2 styles.
Thanks for sharing your soul with us!

#181822 - 06/27/06 05:39 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Ray, 2 beautiful pieces of music, very nicely played by you. Outstanding!! Besame is one of my favorites.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 06-27-2006).]

#181823 - 06/27/06 07:02 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Ray. A truly beautiful song (I never heard this one b4) . . . and an equally beautiful Tyros2 performance by you.
Could you perhaps share some background on the song. Composer, year composed, other artists who've performed it, etc.

Hi Scott,

Am a bit surprised that you've never heard that song before. It's a very popular song in Europe. Then again, a lot of popular European instrumental hits are unknown in the USA.

Jo Van Wetter: tried to find his bio but got nowhere. I had more luck like a year or so ago but can't remember the link.
Anyway, as far as I know he's a Belgian guitar Virtuoso and composer.

Jo Van Wetter wrote "La Playa" in the 60s. Jean Kluger, a record producer, wanted to bring out an EP (a single with 4 songs. The singer fell sick so Jo Van Wetter did four songs of which one stood out: La Playa. The title was taking from a Time magazine article about the Mayas, titled "La Playa".

The song became a worldhit for Los Mayas. The French guitar player Claude Ciari scored an monsterhit with "La Playa" in Japan.

#181824 - 06/27/06 08:22 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
rbmusic Offline

I want to thank everyone for listening and your kind words for my music. Scott, Taike answered the question about La Playa better than I could have. I heard the song for the first time 2 years ago when I was playing for a ballroom tea dance. When I was on a break the DJ played it and I asked him what it was called and he gave me a copy of the song on a cd. I have a midi file of the song if you would like it let me know. Here is a link to vocalist singing this song. The artist name is Chayanne

http://music.msn.com/album/?album=40309560#

Scott about the recording software it is Adobe Audition 1.5. I am going to get a hardrive for my Tyros 2 I just haven't researched yet on what will work the best and where to get it. Sugestions? I realy like the idea of being able to record my live playing while I am performing for my audiance.

#181825 - 06/27/06 08:58 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Dnj Offline

T2 Hard Drive info..............

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/013163.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-27-2006).]

#181826 - 06/27/06 10:03 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I remember well "La Playa": it was sung also by a french singer named Marie Laforet. Great instrumentals for guitar players and you played it like a real guitar player... double notes on the last two strings and all

#181827 - 06/28/06 03:34 AM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi all,

love that music, just my style

What style was used for Besame Mucho?

Cheers
Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 06-28-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 06-28-2006).]

#181828 - 06/28/06 03:38 AM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Taike Offline

Ray,

I really enjoyed your performance of "La Playa". Thank you and I hope to hear more. Keep them coming.

Taike

#181829 - 06/28/06 03:56 AM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Taike Offline

Here's a vocal (non-english) recording of "La Playa". Click on the headphone underneath the first picture.
http://www.ajdapekkan.net/lyrics.php3?song=055

#181830 - 06/28/06 07:25 AM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Very nice relaxed piece of music played with plenty of feeling

#181831 - 06/28/06 02:03 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
I first listened to La Playa. Very nice song and nicely played. Tyros2 makes that guitar very real, but of course you must make use of it with your playing - and you did that very convincing.
Besame Mucho is "much" in the same order, but I know this tune with a bit more interesting chords than you are using. Maybe you should experiment a little.....

#181832 - 06/28/06 05:32 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
rbmusic Offline

Once again thanks to all of you who listened to my music and your kind remarks.

To Nick G the style I used on Besame Mucho was the guitar rumba at 104bpm.

To drdalet could you share with us your version of Besame Mucho with those intersting chords. I certainly would like to use more colorful chords but the only music I had for the song was from an easy play book. If you have real book type chords for this could you post them for all of us to experiment with.

#181833 - 06/29/06 02:29 PM Re: Tyros 2 recording La Playa
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by rbmusic:

To drdalet could you share with us your version of Besame Mucho with those intersting chords. I certainly would like to use more colorful chords but the only music I had for the song was from an easy play book. If you have real book type chords for this could you post them for all of us to experiment with.

I used to play it on my accordeon, so I tried to do it on the PSR3000. It tried some different chords, I recorded it and edited a little and here is the link:
http://www.hercodeboer.nl/mp3/Besame_sketch.mp3

Only after I recorded it I noticed that I play it in a different key than you do.
Mind you, it's just a sketch.... and my guitar isn't half as nice as yours too ;-)
I also put in a trumpet bit with some other chords.
On two points in the music you hear the bass a bit loud. I don't understand why that is (it happens when I play a DM7b5 coming from Fm7: es-f-as-c > d-f-bes-c)

Some of the chords are tricky, because of the way the PSR interprets the chords, so I sometimes had to do it in a strange way. To emphasize certain notes in the chord, one also needs pick the right style - not all styles or variation sounds alright.
I didn't write down the chords yet, but I could explain what I am doing, but it being a bit late now, I go to bed. If you are interested I'll let you know tomorrow.
drdalet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online