SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#181811 - 05/02/02 01:27 AM Re: What portable recorder to you use?
technicsplayer Offline

If that's so I'm interested but I don't see where they say that...

#181812 - 05/02/02 09:02 AM Re: What portable recorder to you use?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think there is one at Best Buy here locally. I plan to go check it out.
DonM

#181813 - 05/02/02 09:45 AM Re: What portable recorder to you use?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
There is a new Roland mini-digital recorder that has a midi sound module built in. I guess it's the successor to the PMA5. Looks small enough, uses smart media, makes MP3's, plays sequences .... sounds like a winner.

#181814 - 05/02/02 11:03 AM Re: What portable recorder to you use?
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
UD,

what is the model number of the Roland you are describing?

#181815 - 05/13/02 11:22 PM Re: What portable recorder to you use?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I purchased a Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox from Outpost.com. It is a refurbished model. It cost $129., but they have since raised the price to $149.
Eddie got one also.
I really like this unit. It records in WAV format, has a 6-gig HD, and in the best quality mode will do 9 hours or so, even with quite a few MP3s loaded on board to play during breaks.
It does not have auto-record. You can boost the input level. I've had best results leaving it at zero.
The newest model (Jukebox 3) will record in your choice of MP3 or WAV, but it is several times as expensive.
I've already found that you can install a larger hard drive if needed. You can also download the newest operating systems. It came with a CD that includes a program that transfers files via USB to and from the unit. The program allows you to edit song information, encode to MP3 or WMP format. Pretty neat.
Today I bought a car power adapter at Best Buy for $19.95. It is made by Jenson and actually has a picture of the Jukebox on the package. It is much less expensive than the one Creative Labs sells, and it seems to work fine.
I also found a great website with lots of information, downloads, discussions, etc., if anyone is interested. It is called "Nomadness": http://www.nomadness.net/download.php?op=viewsdownload&sid=1&min=10&orderby=titleA&show=10
DonM

#181816 - 05/14/02 06:14 AM Re: What portable recorder to you use?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
There is a new Roland mini-digital recorder that has a midi sound module built in.

Whoooops ! It's not a Roland it's a TASCAM !
It's the Pocketstudio 5. List price - $599.
Looks cool, but from what I hear ... it's not in the stores yet.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online