SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#181676 - 12/22/05 05:49 AM Z-5500 IN THE HOUSE !!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well, I finally got the 55's and while I haven't used them on a gig, I couldn't turn the volume too high in the house for fear of blowing the roof ...
A little glitch at the start when I hooked everything up in accordance with the instructions that came with the unit and some offered by Gary (travlin' easy) ... I got NO SOUND ... went back over everything, tried different things, and then I found I had the Master Volume on the control unit turned all the way down ... ...
If there is any negative, it's that I think the mids might be lacking a little on the vocals, but I'll work with the eq on the mixer ... I am using an Alesis mixer for the kb and mic into the 55s ...

Actually, there is one other slight negative ... those damned clip connections instead of RCA .... what's up with that? I was even told by Logitech tech support that my model # had RCA inputs...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 12-22-2005).]

#181677 - 12/22/05 08:07 AM Re: Z-5500 IN THE HOUSE !!!
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Tony

I just got them, too - and they are awesome!!

Last night I started playing my Tyros2 and I thought "Oh, gosh, what's wrong with my new keyboard?" until I realized the Logitechs were not turned on. The improvement is unbelievable. Sure, the mids could be better, but overall the sound is music to my ears!!

Tom G.

PS: I don't like the wire speaker connections either, but since I don't gig, I only have to deal with them once.

[This message has been edited by TomTomSF (edited 12-22-2005).]

#181678 - 12/22/05 08:16 AM Re: Z-5500 IN THE HOUSE !!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Posted by Tony mads usa
Quote:
[Actually, there is one other slight negative ... those damned clip connections instead of RCA .... what's up with that? I was even told by Logitech tech support that my model # had RCA inputs...

Quote:
Tom G.

PS: I don't like the wire speaker connections either, but since I don't gig, I only have to deal with them once.

I just bought a pair recently and I have the clips as well. Gary gave me some advice and I'm in the process of building a conversion kit. I've built and wired a utility box with the 1/4 inch jacks. All I have to do is now find the time to attach 1/4 plugs to the wires coming from the Satellites.

I'm thinking out loud here about why all have clips and not RCA plug/jacks. Many on line retail outlets offering the Logitechs at $200 price range that they may high inventories of product that may have been sitting around in the warehouse and just want to move the product?? Just a guess.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 12-22-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 12-22-2005).]

#181679 - 12/22/05 12:32 PM Re: Z-5500 IN THE HOUSE !!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sometime between Christmas and New Year's Eve I try to put together the work-around box for the Z-5500 system that eliminates those stupid clips. Really not much to it--but right now I gotta' find time to sleep!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online