SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#181262 - 02/20/04 01:49 PM Re: Another Bose PAS Test
Dnj Offline

Mike.....

The answer to your question is Yes.
I have performed with my very good friend Uncle Dave many times both filling in as a soloist at some of his gigs & him at mine...& I've also Sang songs together on stage with Dave providing excellent background vocal harmony and KB accompiament. It's great to get together with musician friends for sure. I hope to do it with more people in the future.

take care

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-20-2004).]

#181263 - 02/20/04 02:08 PM Re: Another Bose PAS Test
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
UD + DNJ = 2 tons o' fun !

#181264 - 02/20/04 02:20 PM Re: Another Bose PAS Test
Dnj Offline

"I Love You Man"

2 Tons of Talent I would say!!

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-20-2004).]

#181265 - 02/20/04 05:40 PM Re: Another Bose PAS Test
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
2 Tons of Talent I would say!!

Have fun guys!

mike

#181266 - 02/20/04 06:08 PM Re: Another Bose PAS Test
Dnj Offline

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA...YIKES!!!!

OMG......Mike great job!!!!
I love the Threads!!!!!!!

another classic !!!

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#181267 - 02/20/04 08:34 PM Re: Another Bose PAS Test
michaeldevine Offline

Loc: Bangalore,Karnataka, India
I had posted a msg for advice...but am getting none so help me plz...UD had said to forget about sterio for connecting KBD (2100 + PA50) to a mixer (i wanted to know how I would connect my KBDS to the PAS...I need stereo as my sequencing involves a lot of pan for the instruments and effects...2100 has 2 outputs and Korg has 4)using L/R kills the multi-effect setup(series/Parallel) and also the Pan.
Is the architecure of the PAS so different that this (left-right balance) is automatically taken care of ? (users plz comment )

Regards
michael

#181268 - 02/20/04 09:15 PM Re: Another Bose PAS Test
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA...YIKES!!!!

And thanks to Gary (travlin'easy) for providing the body shot.

I tried to match the granularity of your shot with Dave's head shot...It wasn't pretty. I left it alone.

Hey, see if you can catch Wednesday night on video and I'll host it for ya, stream it, whatever you want.

mike

#181269 - 02/20/04 10:21 PM Re: Another Bose PAS Test
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by michaeldevine:
I need stereo as my sequencing involves a lot of pan for the instruments and effects...

You may PREFER stereo, but you certainly don't NEED it. Many, many performers use mono systems on stage and it's just fine. In fact - 3 nights a week (weeknights) I intend to use the mono Bose system with only one woofer.
You can use the summed outputs of each kb or use a small sub-mixer to feed the Bose inputs. The latter will give you more control over levels.
The Bose controller has only TWO channels on it. The remaining 2 channels have flat EQ and just a volume control on the floor unit.

#181270 - 02/23/04 12:22 AM Re: Another Bose PAS Test
michaeldevine Offline

Loc: Bangalore,Karnataka, India
-To Uncle Dave-
Thanks UD, guess I'm too hard on the sterio topic coz I put a lot of effort in the sequencing....However what you say
"connect to a mixer and then give the mixer output to the 2 channels of the PAS" makes all the sense. In any case I have to connect the Digitech to a mixer (send / return to get harmonies for more than 1 mic).
I just wanted to know if the PAS is really that good. By the way... How about the Bose 402 extended ?... in comparision to the PAS (cost and performance )

Thanks again UD....
best regards
michael

#181271 - 02/23/04 07:48 AM Re: Another Bose PAS Test
Uncle Dave Offline

Michael,
I have no interest in any other Bose system for live work. This new design is what drew me to it, so I can't comment on the system you mentioned, sorry.
As for the stereo deal .... you'll have to deside that for yourself. I still monitor in stereo, no matter what amps I use to make my shows louder because my mixer feeds the audio INPUTS to my kb and I hear the harmonizer, midi files and MP3 trax all through the stereo kb speakers. Wouldn't play any other way. I'm too spoiled now.
Good luck in your search !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online