SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#181123 - 12/17/01 03:37 PM Need some Advice.........
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
This is a simple question actually. Not too long ago I reaquired my old Yamaha DJX, and I've been playing around with the sampler on the unit. The problem is the DJX doesn't have a disk drive to save these samples. I was wondering if their was a way I can just hook up my DJX to my computer and do a data dump to it so I can save my samples to disk.... Is there some type of program I need. I have midi cables that I use with my PSR-550 and XG works... Will these work or do I need a different cable. Any help would really be appreciated. I was looking into an external disk drive for the thing, but I see no reason in spending over $300 for the Yamaha MDF-3 data filer. Hell that filer alone cost's more than what I spent for the DJX brand new...

Thanks,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#181124 - 12/17/01 07:53 PM Re: Need some Advice.........
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Yes you can do a MIDI dump of the sampling data on a DJX. Select Function then enter no. 88 for the Sampling Send function. You will need a MIDI sysex utility or a sequencer with sysex capability to receive and reload the sample data. Note that MIDI is slow for sending sample data so it may stay in "Wait" mode for quite a while before the data is transferred.

It is outlined in your manual or you can see the online PDF of the manual listed under MIDI Functions at ftp://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/pdfe/port/DJX_E.PDF

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online