SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#181101 - 05/12/07 09:01 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I believe what made the Technics OS so good was it's ease to learn.
I had 5 technics keyboards and one digital piano and I am not sure if I ever had to open the manual.
When you turned them on and selected a style you were immediately reminded of several songs to play with that style and sometimes I would play for an hour with the same style.
The only reason I sold them all but one is because of the heavy depreciation that commences once you have an orphan. In the final analysis I am still a business man.
The E -80 Roland I just ordered would have been the Technics KN8000 if they hadn't of dumped us all out in the middle of a wasteland
Best to all
Bebop

#181102 - 05/12/07 10:33 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Dnj Offline

Everything happens for a reason.......
& many times for the better. Many a Wasteland can be cultivated to prosper... .... change is exciting, adventurous, & good for the heart & soul!
Sometimes the "Comfort Zone" needs to be kick started....it makes for New creative ideas & keeps you on top of things.

Hope to hear Great Things from ya when you get your new KB.

#181103 - 05/13/07 08:57 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Everything happens for a reason.......
& many times for the better. Many a Wasteland can be cultivated to prosper... .... change is exciting, adventurous, & good for the heart & soul!
Sometimes the "Comfort Zone" needs to be kick started....it makes for New creative ideas & keeps you on top of things.

Hope to hear Great Things from ya when you get your new KB.

Donnie, I see this morning that you have a want to buy E 80 posted. I hope you get one real soon so we can all learn this board together. The manual is on line so you can be studying it while you are waiting for a deal
OK BACK TO THE TECHNICS THREAD.
They were/are the greatest. in fact I am bidding on a technics keyboard right now because i should not have sold them all and wished I had kept the KN2600 for the motorhome.
Bebop

#181104 - 05/13/07 09:40 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My prediction.... Donny will get an E80, try it for a few weeks (maybe days!), be initially over-enthusiastic about it, then he will find that it does some things differently to Yamaha (big surprise!), and hate lugging the weight around (compared to his fly-weight PSR3k), and will go back to his PSR....

Any takers...? Let's start a pool.....

(Donny, you KNOW this is just in fun, dontcha? )

#181105 - 05/13/07 12:54 PM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
BEBOP Offline

Maybe I should cancel my order and wait for Donnie's E 80
I have his bose speaker system on my Tyros 2
Maybe I could sell him my E 80 when it gets here and buy it back a lot cheaper in a month
Lets think about this
Bebop

#181106 - 05/13/07 02:00 PM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Diki, I told Donny I would disown him if he did that again..dump a top line Roland for a PSR3000...

I say 6 weeks..

#181107 - 05/13/07 05:20 PM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Dikki - I give it 2 weeks max

LOL poor Donny hahahaha

#181108 - 05/13/07 10:48 PM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, he dropped a T2 for the PSR too, so at least he is not ganging up on poor Roland....

#181109 - 05/14/07 12:49 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Dnj Offline

Roland has it going on in so many ways......just different then Yamaha's way.....it comes down to a personal comfort zone thing! But I can gig almost anything with keys.....the 3k is not my only ax

#181110 - 05/15/07 12:12 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Well! what an interesting read.

Why do I love my KN7000 keyboard?
The list is endless - hence I have TWO.... but the main reasons are 1)"User Friendly" and 2)the "SD Card" which is a great way to carry and transfer so many patterns and styles to other KNs - something you cannot do with a built-in hard drive.

What do I dislike about the KN7?
1) the Panel Memory 'wheel'. At least, it could have been placed on the lefthand side of the KB and at best, I think it would have been better to have a straight line of buttons as on the previous KNs. When a Foot Controller isn't connected, to change PMs I find my right hand is usually busy so have to use my lefthand which can be difficult particularly with very fast numbers, whereas the 'chord hold/pad/fill-ins' will keep the rhythm going leaving your left hand free for a quick change.

However, these small 'niggles' pale in comparison to the endless pleasure I get from playing my KN7000 and I certainly do not intend to change until something better comes along.

Audrey

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online