SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#181091 - 05/10/07 06:48 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Sorry for my honesty.

No need to apologize ... we are ALL entitled to our opinions ...
t.

#181092 - 05/10/07 12:55 PM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
No need to apologize ... we are ALL entitled to our opinions ...
t.

excactly paisan !

#181093 - 05/11/07 12:34 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Wis Offline

Your opinion is allright but there is no need to be TOO negative about any instrument. Stay at the reasonable site and be aware of the impact a message can have.
Do not forget what is personal taste and what are the facts.
At this time the atmosphere in this forum is OK.

#181094 - 05/11/07 03:35 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
i dont think you can be too critical of any machine if it does not do what you bought it to do well enough for you to keep it. Opinions on bits of plastic and metal and circuitry dont need to be censored. Just qualified. What would be better advise is that members need to accept that we are discussing and talking about musical instruments and not the musicians using them.

#181095 - 05/11/07 10:17 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I completely agree. As I have said many times, these things are NOT our children. They are TOOLS... No more (or less) important than a good spade or a ratchet set! They should NOT be the cause of bitterness or even rudeness because someone holds a contrary opinion to you...

Admittedly, just saying 'I hate this or that' and leaving it at that seems hollow. We don't care IF you hate something. We want to know WHY. This is supposed to give us insight as to your 'method', show us why certain features either are of benefit, or why we might want to avoid them, you know, the exchange of information as well as just opinion. Opinion without reason is close to valueless.

Here's a quote from Donny(dnj): "Dont get me started... next to the XD9 which lasted 1hr, the 6000 was the second fastest one I dumped after playing it once on stage on one gig .......there were too many things to list here.
Sorry for my honesty."

Here's opinion, but no reason... IMO, it would have been 'honest' if you HAD taken the time to list it. Otherwise, it's just your opinion. And that seems to change on a pretty steady basis, so what value does it have without reason?

My topic heading was 'WHAT made the Technic's OS so good'?. So far, there's about three or four posts that actually address the topic. If you HAVE an opinion about it, please state it WHILE you are addressing the 'actual' question.....

Please don't get mad at me (again!), I'm just trying to get this topic OFF the 'opinion wars', and back to the FACTS (or at least, opinion backed up by facts!)....

#181096 - 05/11/07 12:11 PM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Dnj Offline

Diki no problem...I will stand back & let you and the technics people hash it out....my daily hands on opinions are of no consequence anyway ....maybe that's because I'm a knob? enjoy your thread.

#181097 - 05/11/07 01:05 PM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Diki Offline

Donny, you were one of the Technics people once upon a time... that's why I WOULD value your details.

(remember, I'm not the one calling you a knob! )

#181098 - 05/11/07 01:33 PM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Dnj Offline

OK Diki ....from what I can remember Technic wise.....
the KN 5k I loved.....but....the

6k had a terrible AMBIENT EFX overall sound.....live play adjusting on stage was tedious at best......all the stupid icons & fluff was a bit much for me I can hardly remember most of the dislikes....

65k I just passed on after a demo in the store....

the 7k I didn't like the way the SUNKEN key-bed sat in the body....being it has blockage on both sides of the keys made playing a chore especially for runs, left hand bass etc because my fingers were stopped......the huge VERTICLE display was a very difficult to fast change & a navigational disaster for me.....nice speaker system though...couldn't gig it had to dump it !

There's more but it was long ago to remember it all.....

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-11-2007).]

#181099 - 05/12/07 12:03 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
Diki Offline

Thanks, Donny.

See.... That didn't hurt that much, did it?

BTW, I never HAVE understood why keyboard end-pieces (including pianos!) aren't shaped so that if you overshoot, you don't hurt yourself! It always feels like the revenge of some sadistic piano teacher....

#181100 - 05/12/07 01:56 AM Re: What made Technic's OS so good?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Spalding, you said, “It definitely positioned the instrument in my mind as being more suitable to the older market”, you are so right. Viewing the KN7000 keyboard from an older market I have found nothing to replace it.

I was preparing my PSR3000, setting up the registrations and the music finder, when I came to the song How do you keep the music playing I struggled to find what I wanted – After 20 minutes I went back to my KN7000 and played the song. I found what I was looking for, a rich clear sound, blending in the background bass and drums, beautiful vocals and strings.

I went back to programming my PSR3000, which can handle the music of today. Soon I will sell the PSR3000 and move into a Roland, Korg or a Kenton. The KN7 stays in my home, I have built a home cabinet for it.
I find all the information and opinions about the new instruments valuable, what better place to get information.

IMHO, John C.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online