SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#180654 - 03/16/06 03:16 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi Scott,

Arranger keyboards aren't well-represented in Taiwan and you'd really have to look long and hard to find them. Most dealers have a couple of keyboards at the most: Casio and Yamaha. As to which models I'd have to call and ask a dealer as I am only familiar with the 8000, 9000, T1 and T2 and that's because I follow what's on the market. To my knowledge the 9000 was the last represented top model here. Yamaha doesn't make the job easy by giving their keyboards numbers instead of names. I've always hated math so...
Arranger keyboards aren't really popular as the choice of instrument is either piano, violin or flute.

As to what music is played: Cantonese/Mandarin Pop and Taiwanese Pop which is either original Taiwanese or covers of Japanese tearjerkers. All of the above are not the kind of music that I care for.

Cantonese and Mandarin Pop are mostly ballads. Hear one and you've heard them all as they all sound alike. In fact, most of the Mandarin songs are written by Australian songwriters. As for the Cantonese songs, they're sung in Mandarin, of course. Then there are the international hits which are more popular in discotheques. Quite funny that the locals love to listen to ballads but only dance to fast ones: Trance, Rap and Hip Hop. Once the DJ plays a ballad the dance floor is deserted. You'd actually see them run to get off the floor.

As for Hong Kong and Japan...I only know about the Japanese market and that caters more towards workstations: Motif, etc. I wouldn't be surprised that Hong Kong follows the same trend. OMBs aren't just popular anymore.

Hope that answers your question...kinda?

Taike

------------------
Khoi huk ngam sud tee huk kon diow.

#180655 - 03/16/06 04:43 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:

... and for us non-Asians, the translation is ... ???
t.

#180656 - 03/16/06 04:48 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hehe Tony...that's Lao for: I love the most beautiful girl forever and ever. It refers to my wife.

------------------

#180657 - 03/16/06 06:47 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
BEAUTIFUL !!!
t.

#180658 - 03/16/06 08:15 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
FreeStyle Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In Malaysia, most sales persons could only tell "press a chord and you'll have all these wonderful backings playing along with you...". I asked does the keyboard has after-touch, some of them replied "watz that?" Even at the HQ Yamaha, they don't even know a T2 is available (later I asked them to checkout the web)!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online