SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#180644 - 03/15/06 03:21 PM Testing if I can get in
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Hi,

Just testing whether I can get in as I've been trying to for ages. If it works, so much the better for then this post has served its purpose.

More on myself later then.

#180645 - 03/15/06 03:23 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Welcome ... can't wait for 'later'
t.

#180646 - 03/15/06 03:25 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
Taike Offline

Succeeded! Finally! Took me only like close to 4 years.

#180647 - 03/15/06 03:32 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Taike:
Big welcome, You work at my speed he he, Don't wait so long to get in on all the fun, bunch of nice guys and gals here always willing to listen and help......Pose

#180648 - 03/15/06 03:46 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
Taike Offline

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the welcome.

I'd signed up in 2002 but later on I somehow couldn't get on anymore.

Okay, enough of that and a bit about myself although a sleeping pill might work just as well to the poor soul(s) unfortunate to read this.

I live in Taiwan and am also quite often to be found in Laos as that's where my wife's from. Got married on Jan.25,2006 (my b'day) so have no excuse to forget the upcoming anniversaries.

I'm actually quite new to keyboards as I am primarily an organ player but have been playing a Technics KN5000 since 2002.

What a keyboard can or can't do doesn't really interest me that much as I think that the end result depends entirely on the player. In other words, a top model won't produce a top player. Keyboards offer pretty much the same anyway, namely styles and voices. That means that I enjoy playing any brand and enjoy listening to any brand although I may prefer a certain brand but that's where one's own personal choice enters the picture. Just don't believe in bashing brands.

As for music, I love Big Band, Jazz, Latin, Standards, Evergreens, Classic Country, Ballroom and Oldies. I am not into Trance, Hip Hop or Rap.

I do have a question: how do I change my profile?

Happy Playing

Taike

#180649 - 03/15/06 03:48 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
Taike Offline

Thank you for the welcome, LoungeLyzard. Yes, I follow the tortoise route. Better save then sorry, eh?

#180650 - 03/15/06 04:13 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Taike: Not sure how long you've been reading our SZ fourm, but a great BIG welcome to you, coming from both a fellow Chinese member (I'm Chinese-American), and one of the older (6+ years) SZ Arranger Keyboard forum members here. We're really looking forward to your participation, input & (asian?) perspective on music & arranger keyboards.

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
how do I change my profile?

Click here : http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=editbio&Browser=&DaysPrune=&LastLogin=

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#180651 - 03/15/06 04:41 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
Taike Offline

Scotty, nin hao!

Actually I am not Chinese by birth but caucasian, in other words, I am a "white" Chinese. I'm originally from somewhere in the Old World but that's a thing of the past to me.

I've been living in Taiwan for 25 years and that's 4 years longer than in the old country. Became a citizen in 1995 and yes,... speak Mandarin Chinese besides a number of other languages. Do you still speak Chinese? Cantonese or Mandarin? 'Yee' seems to be Cantonese which I don't speak.

Have been following the forum on a daily basis for the last couple of months. I noticed that you've been around as I've seen you on several other forums. Always nice to help people, eh?

Happy Playing

Taike

------------------
Khoi huk ngam sud tee huk kon diow.

#180652 - 03/15/06 04:48 PM Re: Testing if I can get in
Taike Offline

Scotty,

Forgot to mention that the Tyros is not available on the Asian market. It will have to be ordered through a local dealer as no store as them. In fact, most dealers in Taiwan AND Japan even have no clue what a Tyros is.

Happy Playing

Taike

------------------
Khoi huk ngam sud tee huk kon diow.

#180653 - 03/16/06 09:53 AM Re: Testing if I can get in
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Do you still speak Chinese? Cantonese or Mandarin? 'Yee' seems to be Cantonese which I don't speak.

Hi Taike: My great grand parents emigrated to the US from Southern China (Quandong Province), but my parents, grandparents, and I, were all born in the US, so can speak only very basic (rudimetary at best) cantonese, and know a few phrases in mandarin. I of course though welcome learning how to speak better, especially mandarin.

Quote:

Tyros is not available on the Asian market. . . most dealers in Taiwan AND Japan even have no clue what a Tyros is.

Yep, this is what I was advised by my Yamaha Japan connections as well. Taike, curious if other Yamaha arranger models, or other arranger kb brand models are available and/or popular in Taiwan, Hong Kong, or Japan? If so, curious which ones?

Also, what genre of music is most popularly played on arrangers & appreciated by the public in Asia: Pop, rock, jazz, oldies, dance, ethnic, or? Taike, your insight on the music played by amateur & pro musicians in Taiwan & Asia would be greatly appreciated.

xie xie,

Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online