Originally posted by pianodano:
Quote:
Originally posted by nielshs:
[b]Hi

Here is a little demo http://nielshs.homepage.dk

regards
/

Just my opinion

The guitar chinks sound great. Drums are better than my Tyros but not quite as good as my PA-80 - Piano - I have a Yamaha p120 so I am spoiled. I was really looking forward to hearing a g70 so thanks for that. OH well, I can buy a lot of samples for 4 gs.

Danny

[/B]

PianoDano - I get "Page cannot be found" message when I click on your link.

#180021 - 06/21/05 10:49 PM Re: The TRUTH about Roland-G70
nielshs Offline

Hi

On the Roland G-70 User Club Denmark you can find some demos. You have to make a registration before you can download.
http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk

Regards

[This message has been edited by nielshs (edited 06-21-2005).]

#180022 - 06/22/05 11:56 AM Re: The TRUTH about Roland-G70
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by G Angel:
I see nothing short about the Roland G 70.
I have owned the G1000 for five years sold it got a Ketron X4 than sold it and got another new G1000 for two more years.
And for three weeks now I have had the G 70 and it is a fine keyboard.
The best arranger I have ever owned.

I also have the Fantom X 8

How could there posssibly be such disparity?
I'm thinking that some of the units are defective. Just a thought.
Starkeeper

#180023 - 06/24/05 07:09 AM Re: The TRUTH about Roland-G70
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
**Just a repeat of what I stated on another post ... Can you folks who have a negative oppinion of the G70 comment?***
I may be stating the obvious here but.... There are several things that will dramaticly affect the sound of the G70:
* Press the effects button and check what the settings are for EQ and Compression. This does change the way this KB sounds.

* Make sure (in arranger setting) the KBD Part is Un-Checked. When going from style to style many of the One Touch settings are set up for TWO Sounds, therefore, if this is checked you will here only HALF of the total sound. In other words one sound is panned left and the other right. You can, of course, change that and get the full (Stereo) sound.

This is the only thing that, to me, explains the Extreme oppinions on this KB.

#180024 - 06/24/05 07:35 AM Re: The TRUTH about Roland-G70
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I've had my G70 for a couple of months now, and it is different than other keyboards.

I noticed that the PA1xpro sounds more effect free and in your face, but I needed to adjust allot of the effects to smooth out the sound to be more pleasing in more situations.

The Tyros was better with its effect levels but I feel that it has a weaker overall sound, ex. the bottom end is not deep and fat but more boomy and hollow when compared to the Korg or Roland.

Then again the high end range of the Tyros I think is better than the Roland.

Tyors has more styles that cover more types of music.

Roland has a best User program system.
10x better vocalist and mic input with real time controlls.

I remember when I got the Pa1xpro, there where countless hate postings about the way the unit sounded and cost, blah blah blah

The Roland needs inproving which I think can be done with updates in software, so can the Korg, but the Tyros I think needs some hardware changes

#180025 - 06/24/05 08:34 AM Re: The TRUTH about Roland-G70
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Frank

Thanks for some interesting comparisons.

Did you use the same amp/ speaker setup for each board when making these assessments?

Do you have any recommendations for studio monitors for the Tyros?

Graham

#180026 - 06/24/05 09:46 AM Re: The TRUTH about Roland-G70
frankieve Offline

I've noticed that the Tyros is great for recording purposes, I used a set a Sony Headphones I think they are MDR 7 series,

As for open air monitors, I really haven't tryo anything other than my Roland monitors for my VS-2480

#180027 - 06/24/05 11:18 AM Re: The TRUTH about Roland-G70
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by manic2257:
i dont understand why there is so much confusion about this G-70, when Roland are just following their standard operating procedure, which is to take an existing framework, add a few things, re-model the casing and then flog it off as the "next big thing"

Dennis,

It's not what they added, but what they have taken away that riles people who used to be loyal to Roland. That and the fact that six month after being released it is still not available in most US cities is what turns off current Roland users into former Roland users.

As far as sounds go - I like the sounds of G1000, if thay had added no new sounds (only vocal harmonizer, and made the thing more user friendly), I would love this instrument. Instead Roland has abandoned the buttons and went to the yucky touch-screen, and got rid of some of the useful features (e.g. loop sequencer, SCSI), supposedly to save some money. This is what I complain about - that they make a step forward and a step back at the same time.

Another note - IMHO it is not fair to compare the Tyros with the PA1X and G70. Tyros can be had for slightly more than half the price of either Korg or Roland, and it is three-year-old technology. The fact that it is holding its own against the "latest and greatest" is in itself a testament to Yamaha.

Regards,
Alex

#180028 - 06/24/05 11:32 AM Re: The TRUTH about Roland-G70
frankieve Offline

That's a very good point, what about the Ketron SD1. That machine is old, it came out before the Tyros and I think the VA series.

That thing still sounds great and has the best styles out there

#180029 - 06/24/05 12:07 PM Re: The TRUTH about Roland-G70
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You are absolutely right as usual, Frank. I love the SD1. Just last night a customer came up and told me how much better it sounded than "that Yamaha thing".
That ought to bring some response!
DonM

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online