#179782 - 03/21/01 08:28 PM Re: HELP SMF GERU Needed
Dnj Offline

Dan

check you e mail I sent them to you

donny

#179783 - 03/22/01 07:06 AM Re: HELP SMF GERU Needed
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey Guys, Am I correct that the PSR 9000 does not have user drum kits? If it did, it would be an easy fix, you would just remove/change or lower the volume of the drum part ,save as a user kit ,and assign the user kit to the SMF that has the problem. I am pretty sure the Yamaha CAN NOT do this. The Solton X1 had screwed up drums and this was a work around method that I used.. Boy am I glad I still use the G1000[Frank don't you miss yours?].Donny, I have not tried, but you may be able to fix your problem with Power Tracks using the drum grid edit. Maybe someone has used it and can enlighten us..One of the problems when Donny sent the problem file to me is it worked perfectly in everything I owned[No Yamaha]. Can't fix what isn't broke...Fran PS: Donny I have an SC155 [Roland] module available, You could midi into it and be a happy camper when you play SMF's..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 03-22-2001).]

#179784 - 03/22/01 11:06 AM Re: HELP SMF GERU Needed
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Dnj. Re the offending midi file (handclaps)

It is worth trying the following.
Load Midi File into PC Suggest Cakewalk. On Drum Track on the BANK Column type in 16525. This is the Bank number that is sent out by the PSR when a midi file is saved.
Also if your midi file has a Track 9. This is often a percussion track on certain keyboards and could contain you offending handclaps, if so delete this track.
Work on a copy of the midi file not the original in case you need to go back to square one.

Just thought this might help.

Graham UK

------------------

#179785 - 03/23/01 06:08 AM Re: HELP SMF GERU Needed
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Donny, I have the same problem, but it doesn't bother me much because I seldom use midi files. When I have time, I'll fix it in either PTPro or on the keyboard itself.
DonM

#179786 - 03/23/01 06:58 AM Re: HELP SMF GERU Needed
Dnj Offline

hi everyone,
I want to personally thank Frank Rosenthal for taking the time and doing some Midi editing to correct my "handclapping" problem on some of my songs. Thats what this forum is all about sharing and helping others. Why this problem occured I don't know, but now it's fixed and I'm a happy camper. I would in the future like to learn more on Midi editing so I could try to tackle problems when they arrise being I use Midis 10% of the time on stage. Frank if we ever meet Drinks are on me !!

thanx so much

Donny nj

#179787 - 03/23/01 09:02 AM Re: HELP SMF GERU Needed
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
First of all, I'm glad that the hand clap problem was able to be resolved, but . . .

I'm still wondering WHY Donny's GM midi files were able to play correctly on other GM supported keyboards, but not on the PSR9000, even though the PSR9000 supoosedly 'does' support the GM format. I am wondering how Yamaha can say it supports the GM midi format if it's drum mapping apparently does not comply with the GM midi standard as evidenced by the incorrect(?) "handclap" drum mapping.

I agree that the sound quality of GM sequences can be severely compromised depending on the GM instrument they are ultimately played on, but at least the "correct sound" should have been played if the PSR9000 does support GM (general midi). Am I'm missing something here? Can someone please fill me in?

Thanks,

Scott

#179788 - 03/23/01 04:45 PM Re: HELP SMF GERU Needed
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Frank,
Thanks for clarifying the situation. I had no idea that Donny's midi file was a Roland GS midi file. I was under the impression that the midi file was GM. Now this all makes sense.

Scott

#179789 - 03/23/01 05:07 PM Re: HELP SMF GERU Needed
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
O dear,
I am now worried that all my roland files have the clap

Hugs
Tony W
(.....and you all thought I had gone away )

#179790 - 03/23/01 08:00 PM Re: HELP SMF GERU Needed
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Frank, One of the problem files that I sent to Donny "way you look tonight" was a Tune1000 sequence and it is not a GS file. Could Donny's problem with the drums be a transpose error. Most keyboards will ignore the drum track when transposing. Is this the same with Yamaha..Fran

#179791 - 03/23/01 08:18 PM Re: HELP SMF GERU Needed
Dnj Offline

Fran,

I transposed the song tracks but not the drum track, is that what you mean?

donny

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online