SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#179738 - 09/17/06 10:10 AM Re: WHAT DO I BUY?????
casiobot Offline

Well my needs are fairly modest-I don't intend to get the "baddest" keyboard thats out there-mostly I'm looking at sounds and sequencing.
I don't know what Roland has against sampling but that probably would have jacked up the already nosebleed price on the E-80.Does the G-70 have sampling?If it does it may well prove to be the bargain here.
I also just found out that the E-80 has one Gbit of wave memory as opposed to the E-50 which has 512 Mbit but I'm not gonna rob a bank just to get the 1 Gbit.Besides the E-50 is going to be a big enough step up for me,compared to what I've *been* using...

[This message has been edited by casiobot (edited 09-17-2006).]

#179739 - 09/17/06 12:03 PM Re: WHAT DO I BUY?????
miden Offline

Loc: The World
hi hellboy,
i have played my PA1x live with midi files and have not had any issues with the 62 note poly on the Korg..its voice allocation algorithms are very clever and work very well...i have some midi files that are the full 16 tracks and then i play live keyboard over that...i think if you are using samples that are multi velocity and so require several voices to work properly you ahve some poly issues, but if you are using "one shot" drum samples, it should not be a problem..
dennis

#179740 - 09/17/06 02:17 PM Re: WHAT DO I BUY?????
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Hellboy,
where do you live?
have a friend who's been umming & ahhing about whether or not to sell his. Hobbyist, home use only. Not sure whether he's still thinking about it or not. Nearly bought it last year, but then he changed his mind.

You definately one to see one before you buy.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hellboy44:
[B]Just thought I'd update you guys (if anyone is even VAGUELY still interested).

Well, I cannot find ANY store that has a Korg PAX-1 Pro in stock!

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#179741 - 09/17/06 02:26 PM Re: WHAT DO I BUY?????
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Hellboy,
where do you live?
have a Sydney friend who's been umming & ahhing about whether or not to sell his. Hobbyist, home use only. Not sure whether he's still thinking about it or not. I nearly bought it last year, but then he changed his mind & I ended up buying an SD1+ instead. Price on the korg was just too high to buy brand new. SD1 is a great keyboard too, but I think I'm more of a Yammie fan, so I may consider selling it down the track.

You definately need to see korg before you buy.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hellboy44:
[B]Just thought I'd update you guys (if anyone is even VAGUELY still interested).

Well, I cannot find ANY store that has a Korg PAX-1 Pro in stock!

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online