SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#179592 - 04/22/07 02:01 PM Ketron X8 vs XD8: What is the difference?
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
After spending an hour browsing the Ketron site and downloading the brochures, I'm still not sure. The Ketron X8 and XD8 appear to be chromatic versions of the X-series arrangers. Can anyone on this board concisely explain the differences between these two models?
Thanks,
Ted S.

#179593 - 04/22/07 03:17 PM Re: Ketron X8 vs XD8: What is the difference?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I may be able to help you, by explaining the X series keyboard/module vs the XD series...
#1. How you choose sounds and styles is one BIG difference. With the X series, all 198 styles are listed on the module with bank A & B (99 in A & 99 in B). To call up a style, you look at the list , choose bank a or b..
...With the XD series, all styles are located under category buttons (latin-rock etc...)... You press a button, look in the screen, use 1 of the 10 function buttons (5 on each side)to select your style...

So overall, navigation is a big difference..

However, the X series has 4 out puts..
The XD does not... left / right stereo

The XD series has the "remix feature", that allows someone using midi files, to remix that GM drum track and use a drum track from an onboard style, to make the midi song have a more "live" sound..
Play a country song , chose a county style and the drum track will have variations and fill ins, in real time... "remix" ....
The screen on the X series is a little bigger and brighter...

These are the 3 biggest things so far...

I'll be back... Dan O'

------------------
http://www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO
ketrondan@yahoo.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online