SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#179278 - 07/29/06 02:51 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Magica Alfa Offline

I agree with you kla4. I also want to know more about other things on this SZ. But sometimes is hard to find good replay about keyboards and styles.
I red a lot of articles here before I involve in discussion. I agree with you that in years 1999 was more things about evolution of keyboards’.

Keyboards are all good, but we must know to play and know modern technology.

Please, don’t compete in way that who is having better keyboard or sound. We need more experience in new styles, sounds and other good things that must be part of us as musicians.

Here is not only T2 and G70 but other who people don’t know well and having no time to test them.

This forum must be open for new fresh ideas and new keyboards, sounds and styles.

Best regards.

#179279 - 07/29/06 04:30 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
All I can say is that the best pro working musicians I know rarely own the latest & greatest keyboard models either. It's their musicianship, creative artistry, and entertainer skills that audiences come to hear & appreciate , not the keyboard model they play. - Scott

Scott, stop reading my mind .

chas

#179280 - 07/29/06 06:52 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
to the genesys Offline

It seems like we are going full circle.
That is what Fran was telling us when he would make references to his G1000 and how he can make it stand up against the newer arrangers. But some persons took offence to him doing so.

#179281 - 07/29/06 08:01 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Different issues here.

My beef with Fran was never about his G1000, but his claim that commercial SMF (aka: Tune1000, etc) backing tracks: + singing (karaoke style) & perhaps playing the keyboard live (but with the sound of his live kb play often routed to his headphones only, with the audience hearing only the keyboard part supplied by the SMF instead) preferable to live 'arranger keyboard mode' performance.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 07-29-2006).]

#179282 - 07/29/06 10:37 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Scott

Quote:
All I can say is that the best pro working musicians I know rarely own the latest & greatest keyboard models either. It's their musicianship, creative artistry, and entertainer skills that audiences come to hear & appreciate , not the keyboard model they play. We must never forget this. - Scott

Well said Scott.
One of our best local musicians played for almost 10 years the Psr-730 until I finally talked him into byuing the Psr-3000 (of course from our friend George Kay ).
He playes left hand bass and right hand chording/soloing and sings. And of course uses the drum patterns.
For larger gigs he uses a drummer and a guitar player, but still does left hand bass and right hand chording.
The audience never complaint that the sounds were outdated or that he sounded "boring".
He puts on a great show with a huge variety of genres to please almost everyone and always gets the crowd going.
He has a huge following that folows him from Club to Club.

He does this as a full time job supporting his wife and kid since 30+ years and never worked a day in his life for somebody else.

Just one example.

Thanks again Scott

Eric

[This message has been edited by Eric, B (edited 07-29-2006).]

#179283 - 07/29/06 03:21 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Scott, stop reading my mind .

chas

Yup. That's it, in a nutshell.

I remember years and years ago the same syndrome with some of the guys, good and bad, I've played with in bands. They'd shell out some serious cash on a new guitar or drum kit and, apart from whatever inspiration the new gear might generate, they were still the same player the following night.

To paraphrase: 'Tain't what you play, it's the way that you play it.

[This message has been edited by renig (edited 07-29-2006).]

#179284 - 07/31/06 08:08 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Vadim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
well, kla4, don t be upset! that happeness probably because korg (for instance) didn t release a new kwyboard in such a long time. sd5 is not yet available, and so on.
aspects.

Korg can even stop making keyboards right now, because their TRITONs are so popular, even non-keybord players know about it, in 10 years people will probably still will be buying TRITONs.

#179285 - 08/01/06 03:28 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
This is the same "mine is better than yours" "I'm better than you" argument.
what about the guy that leaves the keyboard playing while he walks around with a mic then wonders why the audience doesn't respect his "playing", they now know that you don't even need to touch the keyboard and it sounds good without you.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online