SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#179268 - 07/25/06 05:11 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Nigel ... well put ... and I , and MANY others around here, think you do a FANTASTIC job ...
... this place is like family, and like most families discussions sometimes get out of hand but then we kiss and make up and all is fine again ... like adimatis, I am a daily visitor unless I am out of town, ... and I will continue to be here...
t.
PS... I've sent Gary an e-mail ...

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 07-25-2006).]

#179269 - 07/25/06 05:51 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Clif Anderson Offline

I blame Yamaha. Synthzone used to be the best place to learn about new arranger keyboards and decide what brand to buy. But now almost everyone buys Yamaha, and if you have a Yamaha there are better-targeted sites for you. There have always been heated debates at Synthzone; for the most part, they draw interest and do not drive people away. But now you learn about new keyboards on Harmony Central then go the manufacturers' sites to download information on products as they are introduced. Members that start debates about the worthiness of nonYamaha arrangers are not the problem--they are all that is left. Times change, competitors abound, and Synthzone just isn't as important as it was. So leave if you must, but I think the criticisms are misguided.

#179270 - 07/25/06 07:37 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
One more in concurrance.

I have gained lots of valuable info from this forum and try to contribute in a thoughtful and meaningful way.

However, I too am tired of T2 vs G70 battles.

I find it frustrating that some of the valuable info is now buried in a hugh chains. Conversations go off on tangents. New topics are started within the same chain so unless you read the whole thing you don't get the nugget.

I guess that is part of the free-wheeling nature of the internet today. Nigel is doing his part of providing an infrastructure for us to communicate with and police those who are way out of line without unreasonable censorship.

It will take the members of this forum to establish standards of how to organize and present information and self-police those rules.

#179271 - 07/25/06 01:43 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Guys... and Gals:

Once more into the breech! Let's all try to stop getting hung up on whose keyboard is best. Almost all of you are using better equipment than me. That does not mean that my old yammie PSR2000 is obsolete. I still respect Korg and Roland and all the others.

Thank goodness they still make Fords and Chevrolets, etc. It's all about choice. What works great for one may not satisfy the other. That does not mean a particular keyboard does not have a value to somebody.

And yes, Nigel runs a great board. We should all be extremely grateful for his patience, assistance and often, his restraint. For me, Nigel, "you-da-man!" Thanks!

Dave Rice

#179272 - 07/25/06 05:40 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
I too have been very disapointed in what's going on here. Not only the bashing of the members choice of thier particular keyboard, but some of the absolute childish questions that are posted.I don't post much on the Forum, but from time to time will jump in if i can help someone or be helped by someone.That aspect has to me been put on the back burner. I, like Gary don't like the direction this great forum has been taking latley,so like Gary, i will visit once in awhile and see if things can change for the betterment of all of us. Luck to all, Bob L.

#179273 - 07/28/06 09:17 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
at times I think it's rather sad that only the latest , & frequently only top of the line keyboards are discussed.
Makes me wonder how members who can't afford to buy the latest & greatest keyboard on the market must feel.

You don't see too many comments or questions on earlier or cheaper model keyboards,
either nobody owns them,
or they've learnt everything about them & don't have any questions,
or else they're too embarressed to admit they own less than the latest, greatest keyboard on the market. ( that would truly be sad).
Nigel runs a wonderful forum, and he leaves it up to us, as to what we want to discuss.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#179274 - 07/28/06 09:25 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
This is the best forum ever! I have fun here everyday! Cant wait to see the new comments everyday!

Lots of great info and humor

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#179275 - 07/28/06 10:08 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi,
at times I think it's rather sad that only the latest , & frequently only top of the line keyboards are discussed.
Makes me wonder how members who can't afford to buy the latest & greatest keyboard on the market must feel.

You don't see too many comments or questions on earlier or cheaper model keyboards,
either nobody owns them,
or they've learnt everything about them & don't have any questions,
or else they're too embarressed to admit they own less than the latest, greatest keyboard on the market. ( that would truly be sad).
Nigel runs a wonderful forum, and he leaves it up to us, as to what we want to discuss.

best wishes
Rikki

Not I, says I. It's been mentioned in a few of my posts lately that I still have my 7-year-old Korg i30 and still derive the greatest pleasure from it. I don't really feel the need to get the latest and greatest, whatever that may be. Still lovin' it. Cheers!

#179276 - 07/28/06 10:22 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by renig:
I don't really feel the need to get the latest and greatest, whatever that may be.

All I can say is that the best pro working musicians I know rarely own the latest & greatest keyboard models either. It's their musicianship, creative artistry, and entertainer skills that audiences come to hear & appreciate , not the keyboard model they play. We must never forget this. - Scott

#179277 - 07/28/06 11:21 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
Rikki's Bears wrote:

Usually people like to discuss only the top products they own making (sometimes undeliberately) all other people feel inferior.

It is not the case here on the SZ. One can achieve a good result with a low-level keyboard because low-level keyboards ($300-$800) are good enough.

I considered keyboards for less than $300 as toys until Coaster Tim gave a very positive review on his $199 keyboard.

So... people with less expensive keyboards do not feel inferior. The trend is that the features present on the mid and high end keyboards are appearing on the low level k.

Regards,
George

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online