SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#179258 - 07/24/06 10:58 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Frostbyte if you send an e-mail to Nigel maybe he would add it and let someone who owns a Korg arranger start postings off in there. Korg shouldn't be left in the dark

#179259 - 07/24/06 11:15 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Guys... and Gals:

Synthzone is still the best BB on the net, especially for keyboard people and frustrated songwriters. Sure, every now and then somebody shows their posterior or says something completely stupid or off-color. It's always gonna be that way with members of the human race.

On the other side of the coin, there are those who would give you the shirt off their backs to encourage or assist.

These times are just part of the Cicadian Rhythms we encounter in life's diverse journey. Be of good cheer, this too shall pass.

All my best,

Dave Rice http://cdbaby.com/cd/daverice

#179260 - 07/24/06 02:02 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
zuki Offline

Originally posted by Scottyee:

especially if the butt of the joke is the keyboard (G70, Tyros2, PA1Xpro, etc) you just dropped half of your paycheck on.

Only 1/2 your paycheck?? Wow, wish I had your money

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#179261 - 07/24/06 02:16 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
For my money, the best informative Keyboard forums are the SynthZone, PSR Tutorial and SVPWorld. Although it get a little far out here some time with the mine is better than your routine, it is still the best informative site out here today thanks to it's membership, so let's keep it going and not bail out and abandon the forum, if you don't like the post, move on and don't read it, just pick and choose what you want to read and enjoy....
TR

#179262 - 07/24/06 02:26 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Frostbyte:
I still wonder why there is not a KORG section, and yet there is still a section on TECHNICS, who as we know has been out of this business for years.

- Frost

As Craig said, if you want a Korg Arranger forum I will set one up for you. It just hadn't been requested up to now. Maybe it's time.

( I just went and added it right now )

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 07-24-2006).]

#179263 - 07/24/06 02:28 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think I stated the way I feel in my 'Why I defend the Roland G70' post. I have no axe to grind with anyone else's arranger choice - needs and tastes vary hugely, along with ability - but for the reasons stated, I'd rather no-one had an axe to grind with mine........

Reasoned argument is fine, but personal attacks and 'BrandX sucks' comment have no place here, and only serve to discourage participation........

#179264 - 07/24/06 04:34 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The old adage;

You must take the bitter with the better.

Some annoying things are being said on this post – but, there are also some great guys saying some things I find amusing and at times important.

IMHO, John C.

#179265 - 07/24/06 09:26 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
When I first arrived at this forum there was a free exchange of valuable information that benefitted everyone.

Every post seems to be nothing more than a daily pissing contest

For now, I have removed the Synthzone from my browser. If anyone needs assistance you'll find me at the PSR Tutorial or SVPWorld.

Gary, I am sorry to hear this from you. I truly don't want to lose your musical expertise and sound advice from this forum.

But I think you are exaggerating a little. When I look at "every post" they don't fall into the category you mention.

kla4 and Gary I understand there have been some antagonistic threads recently. I walk a fine line between hard nosed censorship and absolute liberal freedom. Both are bad in my eyes so I try to find a mid ground that will please the majority of users ( as well as being palatable to me ). I pretty much let all of you establish guidelines for what is acceptable and what isn't. Disagreement IS allowed. How you guys personally handle disagreement is completely up to you. It's the same here the same as it is face to face. The only difference is that contact is virtual not physical. I think people would be a lot more restrained if they were talking face to face and the threat of physical confrontation was more real. I don't even wait for people to get to that stage before I delete their postings or close a thread. I can tell very easily that a thread has become futile and has begun to spiral out of control. But it would be wrong for me to prematurely jump in and stop or remove a thread. Many people would have something to say about that.

I run the forums here as fairly as I can. I really don't think you will find much better elsewhere. It is human nature in an online world and I don't think that will change wherever you go. Sure you can probably find a more heavily censored forum but I don't know if that is really where you'd be happy.

I hope you continue to visit here even if you aren't as comfortable posting at present.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 07-24-2006).]

#179266 - 07/24/06 10:07 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
and after all...
was something soooo ofending to someone or were the expression used soooo very rude or shameless?
come on friends, nothing was sooo bad that ask for somebody to leave the forum.
anyway, for me at this time, synthzone forum is a every day visit and i am happy i can read user's oppinions in every aspect.
even if sometimes we feel somebody is not fair to our beloved instrument, or somebody else is praising a keyboard we detest, or a guy has a certain way to do things... that is not such a big deal. actually, even with some stupid childish atitude of some users, we still can learn and participate togheter.
best to you all!

#179267 - 07/24/06 11:01 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
I concur with Scott... very well said!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online