SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#179248 - 07/24/06 05:23 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
quietDIN Offline

Unfortunately, I find myself agreeing with most of the negative sentiments expressed in this thread; however, I'm obviously still here . I think the sort of behaviour we're seeing is indeed cyclical, and I'm willing to try riding it out with the hope that things will improve.

By the way, I've noticed the same sort of problem lately on other forums that I'm a member of, some of which are not musically oriented. Perhaps it's the rising global temperatures getting some of us hot under the collar (note, no smiley!).

--Barry

#179249 - 07/24/06 05:33 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
If you look at the trend over the years, it gets like this every so often. The latest NAMM show didn't yield too much in the keyboard department, so as usual when that happens the bickering between models starts up again. Right now it's the G-70 and T2, and the E-80/60/50 will be soon added to that as well.

As it has in the past, the bickering will fade out, and we'll get back to normal.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#179250 - 07/24/06 05:36 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
About the only thing I've been learning on this board lately is how to snipe at other people and the artful method of putting down someone elses opinions without directly attacking them.

I concur. Having to keep up the cat & mouse game of 'artful dodging' from the constant barrage of bullets thrown has become exasperating. In the beginnng , I tried responding to the taunts with reasoned responses. When this failed, I attempted ignoring them, but after the taunts continued unabated, I finally took the if you can't beat them, join them approach. Regretfully, this has reduced the level of sz discussion to merely amateurish taunts, jokes & cartoons. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good joke and laugh as much as the next guy, but some jokes hit to close to the heart, especially if the butt of the joke is the keyboard (G70, Tyros2, PA1Xpro, etc) you just dropped half of your paycheck on. This forum is unique because it covers arranger keyboards in general, and not brand specific. Though one of the obvious topics to expectedly come up here is 'which brand/model keyboard is best', I was hoping the emphasis would be rather, what can we share with each other to make whatever arranger keyboard we currently own, the best we can. I doubt any of us has explored the full potential of the arr keyboard we currently own, or developed the full musical potential we have with our arranger kb playing skills. I'm hoping we can all come together finally, and support one another in what I would expect to be a 'commonly shared' interest by all here. Am I wrong?

I spoke with our moderator Nigel Spence on the phone yesterday and he's assured me that he shares these concerns as well, and has deleted and/or blocked (from furthers posting) the most offensive posting threads.

Scott

#179251 - 07/24/06 05:43 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I totally agree with you Scott. I sent an e-mail to Nigel and he's a great bloke who does one hell of a good job on here. I hope things get back to normal soon.

#179252 - 07/24/06 05:55 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
quietDIN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I spoke with our moderator Nigel Spence on the phone yesterday and he's assured me that he shares these concerns as well, and has deleted and/or blocked (from furthers posting) the most offensive posting threads.
Yes, Nigel does a very good job with this forum and the site in general (thanks, Nigel). I would like to see one change in the moderation, however; off-topic threads that may be offensive to some or all of us should either be deleted (not just locked), or at least moved to The Bar. I consider The Bar to have an implied "Enter at your own risk" sign.

--Barry

#179253 - 07/24/06 06:12 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
They like to stir things up because they have nothing better to do. Some folks just like to post nonsense just to thump up their # of posts.

Do these people get paid for posting? The forum is full of meaningless chats. Now I need to say these people should use IRC or ICQ.

George

#179254 - 07/24/06 06:41 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
My 2 cents worth.

Ive been on a lot of music forums over the years and this one is much better than most are as far as manners go. One of the theatre organ lists that I had belonged to makes this one look like a group of high level diplomats. It took me a while to understand that because some one was giving me a barb and their absolute need to be right didnt necessarily mean I had to respond. I could give a rats butt who gets the last word. Guys just dont take the bait.

Did anyone ever notice the ladies seem to avoid these peeing contest LOL. Its a guy thing (Im guilty too) about mine is bigger and better then yours or I know more then you do Etc. My feelings are this is a terrific forum and there is so much valuable information. We are free to take what we need and ignore the rest.

Last but not least there are a lot of passionate people here and there are going to be the occasional ruffled feathers

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 07-24-2006).]

#179255 - 07/24/06 07:08 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
moldmaker Offline

Loc: Illinois
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kla4:

Nowadays this forum contains almost nothing but Tyros2 & G70 comparisions, slamming and useless topics of childish people telling "I am the King" or everlasting posts about "G1000 is the best!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen!!!

#179256 - 07/24/06 07:52 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Is there really a need for comparisons? Why can't we just be happy if someone prefers an other brand or model? If you wish to compare, then do it in a constructive manner. Let us hear what you've got instead of just emtpy talk that leads to nowhere but more endless rows. Remember, those that buy keep the keyboard economy going and we all profit from that, one way or another.

It's been posted so often that each keyboard has its weak and strong points and most members say they agree. So if they agree, then why do we have these silly rows going on? Or is it just empty talk? I just know that no matter what keyboard one decides to buy, I'd be happy for him/her.

Personally I love Wersi but that doesn't mean that I look down on other brands. Give me a T2 or a G70 and I'd be happy just the same.

And...if someone feels insulted...take it to the moderator or let it go for by throwing insults back he/she is just as guilty. At least you can say that you kept your cool and that makes others respect you more.

Remember, it's the musician that makes a keyboard sound great. Your audience is not going to care whether you play Yamaha, Korg, Roland or whatever. All they want is to be entertained.

#179257 - 07/24/06 09:01 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Frostbyte Offline

Loc: World Citizen
I still wonder why there is not a KORG section, and yet there is still a section on TECHNICS, who as we know has been out of this business for years.

- Frost

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online