SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#179238 - 07/23/06 10:41 PM Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
As I became a member in 1999, this forum was one of the best I know. (perhaps THE best)
Great discussions/sharing knowledge, nice people that behaved as grownups.

Nowadays this forum contains almost nothing but Tyros2 & G70 comparisions, slamming and useless topics of childish people telling "I am the King" or everlasting posts about "G1000 is the best!"

To all the nice people : Hope to meet you elsewhere.....

#179239 - 07/23/06 11:19 PM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
well, kla4, don t be upset! that happeness probably because korg (for instance) didn t release a new kwyboard in such a long time. sd5 is not yet available, and so on.
the past few days does not make the forum less important or usefull.
i can tell, honestly, that i've learned alot, even while some useless debates take place, because more you read about something, even if trash, you can discover some important aspects.
anyway, i am sure alot of folks here are curious and willing to learn from (almost) every post.
stay around!...

#179240 - 07/24/06 03:04 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Sometimes there is more to learnt about keyboards from the most heated debates here than the wisest of experts.

#179241 - 07/24/06 03:06 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:

Nowadays this forum contains almost nothing but Tyros2 & G70 comparisions, slamming and useless topics of childish people telling "I am the King" or everlasting posts about "G1000 is the best!"

I agree wholeheartedly....very well said.

Ian

#179242 - 07/24/06 03:26 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
kla4,

I totally agree with you. A few members of this board have monopolized the content and are what I call "Mixers" if you have ever seen Clockwork Orange. They like to stir things up because they have nothing better to do. Some folks just like to post nonsense just to thump up their # of posts.

About the only thing I've been learning on this board lately is how to snipe at other people and the artful method of putting down someone elses opinions without directly attacking them.

It's really a shame, I have already cut down on my visits here. There are some really great people on this board and there is so much more to learn that it almost makes it worthwhile, but for the most part, I'm almost done.

------------------
Al Giordano www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 07-24-2006).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#179243 - 07/24/06 04:52 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
everyone is a individual, with own manner of speaking/writing, atitude, character, etc. take each one as he/she is!
is good to be patience, to learn what you can and let the stubborn ones alone!

no matter how it looks right now, such a forum is a invaluable source of information!

#179244 - 07/24/06 05:01 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
rolandfan Offline

People on this board are very passionate about their keyboards. when we compare brand x with brand y, then naturally arguments occur....some are lukewarm...others will be furious...we have no control over that.... its impossible to compare keyboards and not get emotionally involved at times...we're human...but our anger should never be directed at any person on this board...neither should we insult each other...rather direct that anger at the product itself... and agree to disagree. Most of us have never even met each other...if we met each other in real life it would be easier to debate and not fight. Here its different...we're just names on a computer... Think about it

#179245 - 07/24/06 05:02 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
rolandfan Offline

This board remains the BEST arranger keyboard forum in the world.

#179246 - 07/24/06 05:08 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When I first arrived at this forum there was a free exchange of valuable information that benefitted everyone. Granted, there was an occasional tyrate from one or two members, but those rantings were frequently limited to a few posts and things returned to normal.

Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. Every post seems to be nothing more than a daily pissing contest, and valuable information that would be beneficial to the masses is currently a rare commodity.

Over the years I have learned a lot from a great number of forum members, and hopefully, they have benefitted from some of the information I have been able to pass on as well. I must, however, agree with Ian and KLA4. For now, I have removed the Synthzone from my browser. If anyone needs assistance you'll find me at the PSR Tutorial or SVPWorld.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#179247 - 07/24/06 05:10 AM Re: Visiting this forum isn't fun anymore !!
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
I agree, the air is stale in here. But there are a lot of keyboard related forums out there and one of them usually has some topics or news worth discussing. I keep a list of about a dozen or so forums that I participate in and just scan through them all a couple times a week looking for interesting topics and info. All forums have their individual shortcomings so rotating is the only way to go.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online