SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#179052 - 01/25/02 11:17 AM PSR2000 Registration Problem
BruceM Offline

Loc: New Bern, N.C., USA
I read with great interest Scottyee’s “PSR2000 secret revealed” re: registrations. I have
given this suggestion considerable time, but still cannot accomplish what was very simple
to accomplish on my PSR730.

I made up a “dummy” style, named it “blank”, etc. and save a bank of 8 setups with the
“blank” style. Then I save it all in a bank called “Romance”. The problem I am having
centers around the four (4) “Main” buttons which select four different variations of the
style to play.

When I saved all the setups, the “Main” button selected was the #1 button. So now, when
I set up a style, and go from one registration to another, the “Main” always reverts back to
the #1 position.

If I use the “freeze” button, this locks the left hand part in with the style. I don’t want to
do this, as each registration has a different left hand part.

The ideal situation would be to have a bank set up, go to registration #1, select the 1-4
button for style variation, and have it continue on that same variation throughout the 8
registrations, while the freeze button remains off. The only way I can accomplish this now
is to use the “freeze” button, which elminates 7 out of 8 left hand setups.

Any suggestions?

#179053 - 01/25/02 12:34 PM Re: PSR2000 Registration Problem
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Bruce: I KNOW exactly how you feel. You're right that the 'Main' button automatically goes back to the #1 (A) position when you change registrations with the 'freeze' button off. What I have to do when changing registrations (and wanting to change the left part too) is to press the appropriate 'Main" variation button immediately after pressing a new registration button. It certainly is a BIG PAIN in the a*s, but I use a MFC10 foot controler to trigger the Main buttons, so it makes it at least a 'little' bit easier.

The problem at hand is actually a Yamaha acknowledged bug which occurs only on certain earlier PSR2000's. Newer released 2000's include a newer OS which apparently has corected the problem. See Carlos Rodrigues post on the same thread: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/002610.html

I, and I'm sure many others here as well, am 'anxiously waiting' for an OS update to be made available from Yamaha for download. So far, not a word from Yamaha. Anyone else hear anything yet?

- Scott
http://scottyee.com

#179054 - 01/25/02 04:38 PM Re: PSR2000 Registration Problem
BruceM Offline

Loc: New Bern, N.C., USA
Thanks for the input. Wanted to let everyone know that my PSR2000 is brand new, only got it two days ago, from a large online music house. I've only seen one reference to a newer version (1.1 OS), so perhaps it is not available in the U.S.

[This message has been edited by BruceM (edited 01-26-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online