SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#178947 - 02/23/02 10:17 PM Re: PSR2000 style selection LED lights question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jedi,
Yes, I'm still very happy with the PSR2000. Afterall, I had initally only purchased it as a backup board to my Technics KN5000, but quickly found myself taking the 2000 to my gigs instead. The great thing about the Yamaha PSR boards is the wonderful highly talented and supportive USER community of PSR owners. Thru the terrific talent & generouosity of Mike Bedesem, a couple of new software utility programs (available for free at: http://www.svpworld.com/psr_software.htm )which make working with Yamaha Midi files in Cakewalk Audio/Sonar (as well as other external software midi sequencing programs) much better. One is called 'Chord Assistant', which preserves the Yamaha proprietary chord changes when a midi file is exported to an external software sequencer. Another, which I just beta tested today, corrects a anomoly which transposes some of the Yamaha tracks when they are exported/played in Cakewalk.

In the meantime, I'm still anxiously waiting to find out what the new Technics KN7000 (possibly showcased at the Musik Messe Show in Frankfurt in a couple of weeks) will bring. - Scott

#178948 - 02/24/02 04:52 AM Re: PSR2000 style selection LED lights question
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Hi Scott!

Gee, I have had this board for a month now and this if the first or second time I have used it. If only I didn't have to work! I would have MORE TIME TO PLAY!

I tried saving the left voice, as you instructed, with the first four registration keys. YES, the left voice changed in the menu each time I pressed a registration key that I had saved a different voice to on 1,2,3,4. Thank you for the very detail instructions. Thats exactly what I need to learn this board. Hope this information was helpful to you.

Now that I have a general idea on how to save the registrations settings I am going to continue with that area to learn it a bit better today.

BTW, how is the book going? The manual is SO BAD! Its just too difficult to figure out the ins and outs of this board with the manual. It simply is not descriptive enough for me. I really need another manual!

I hope no one minds the simple minded questions I have. I know you professionals can pick the functions up right away without looking at the manual because of your vast experiences with many different boards. I do not have that experience. Something as dumb as whether the lights should be on or off while in a function is important for me to learn. This information should be in the manual as well. Maybe it is and I did not find it.

-Linda

#178949 - 02/24/02 05:30 AM Re: PSR2000 style selection LED lights question
Beakybird Offline

Linda,

I was very confused by this feature as well. I almost returned the keyboard back to the seller after even Yamaha, when I called technical support, didn't even confirm that there was nothing wrong and actually recommended that I return the keyboard.

I think it was Scott or George Kaye that informed me that this is the way the keyboard works. I had to call UPS to cancel the pickup.

So I am wondering if there is any way to freeze just the left voice on a style with the version 1.20. If not, I'm definitely not upgrading.

Larry

#178950 - 02/24/02 06:12 AM Re: PSR2000 style selection LED lights question
LindaFus Offline

beakybird,

I almost called poor DanO again! Ha-ha Good thing I can ask questions on here! I am sure he didn't want to hear from me again so soon! hahahaha

OK when you say freeze. Do you mean hit the freeze button? Tell me what to check and I will do it. Be specific though. Pretend you instructing a 12 year old ha-ha. Be glad to check it out for you. I will try it and see if my version of freeze is what you are looking for. Meanwhile elaborate on what you want me to check.

Glad to help while I have some free time here.

-Linda

#178951 - 02/24/02 06:15 AM Re: PSR2000 style selection LED lights question
LindaFus Offline

beakybird,

I hit the feeze button and no matter what style I chose tha left voice stayed the same. Is that what you mean?

-Linda

#178952 - 02/25/02 08:52 AM Re: PSR2000 style selection LED lights question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by LindaFus:
BTW, how is the (PSR2000)book going?

Linda,
In light of the recent Yamaha PSR2000 developments (lack of flash rom support) and a busy work schedule, I've decided to forego working on a PSR2000 specific book. I've decided to work on a book project on arranger keyboard playing 'in general'instead. I've come to realize that writing a book takes more time and commitment than I originally realized. Still . . . I may surprise you (with a book) sooner than later.

Linda, I agree that the PSR2000 manual is seriously deficient and poorly written. Thankfully, we have many knowledgable PSR2000 owners here who are always available to answer questions. Even with its problems (mainly the absense of flash rom), I continue to recommend the PSR2000 as a great 'value priced' lightweight gigging keyboard capable of delivering a highly professional sound. - Scott

#178953 - 02/25/02 10:43 AM Re: PSR2000 style selection LED lights question
Beakybird Offline

Dear Linda,

Can you get it so that the left voice stays the same but the right voice changes?

Larry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online