SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#178921 - 09/21/04 03:03 PM Re: My Tyros finally gets USB Board Upgrade Replacement !
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Scott,

I just finished checking out your Tyros. Mow it works first time, every time. It should be on its way home soon.

Steve

#178922 - 09/21/04 04:01 PM Re: My Tyros finally gets USB Board Upgrade Replacement !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Steve, many thanks for the PERSONAL attention you've given to overseeing this. It was reported to me that my local Yamaha repair facility had accidently installed the USB hardware update's 'diode' part backwards. I suppose this is a case in point to further support Donny's negative attitude about keyboard repair shops & those so called: 'techie nudnicks'.

It's also IMPORTANT to note that (according to Steve Deming), Tyros-PC USB connectivity (with Tyros OS 1.40) is now only possible via 'Mass Storage (HDD) mode, and no longer possible via 'File Utility' mode. On the other hand, the 'Tyros Voice Editor" utility continues to work via USB.

Ok, I'm now looking forward to having my baby arrive safely back home and to be performing with my Tyros again. Steve, please let me know when my keyboard has actually shipped (along with tracking number) so I can arrange to have someone home to accept it. I PROMISE to report back my USB connectivity findings as soon as my keyboard arrives home.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#178923 - 09/21/04 10:51 PM Re: My Tyros finally gets USB Board Upgrade Replacement !
Beakybird Offline

Scott, I'm sorry you had to be without your Tyros for such a long time.

Hopefully, Yamaha will get the hardware right (and 99% of the software) the first time - next time they make a high end keyboard.

I have had relatively good experiences with my local repair facility. I wish it were more local. I have to pay $25 to get it done in a week. I can have the repair done in three to four weeks at no extra charge.

I once had a blown speaker on a PSR2000. They replaced it within a week (easy repair).

I once had a PSR740 go out on me completely. They replaced the motherboard within a week. Worked fine.

I once cracked the plastic or glass cover of the LCD on my PSR2000. As they keyboard worked fine, I just asked for it to be ordered before I had it installed. I waited 3 months, and the repair facility told me Yamaha never sent them the part. I don't know if the repair facility was flaking on me. I contacted the head of Yamaha repair, and they Fedexed me the part within a week. I had a friend install it for $30.

I hope, Scott, that you get your Tyros back soon. A musician shouldn't have to be parted from his keyboard.

Beakybird

#178924 - 09/22/04 01:11 AM Re: My Tyros finally gets USB Board Upgrade Replacement !
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I figure I can handle a soldering iron but it's quite easy to get a diode the wrong way round because the markings vary.

#178925 - 09/22/04 01:12 AM Re: My Tyros finally gets USB Board Upgrade Replacement !
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Which is why I double-check with a meter!

#178926 - 09/24/04 01:33 PM Re: My Tyros finally gets USB Board Upgrade Replacement !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok folks, my Eagle (the Tyros) has finally landed safely back on my doorstep today (Friday, 9/24) following it's flight South for the week at Yamaha USA in Buena Park, CA.

I'm THRILLED to report that its' faulty USB connection problem has been FIXED and I'm now not only able to achieve USB connectivity in "Mass Storage (HDD)" mode, but "File Utility" mode as well. Yipee! The folks at Yamaha really came thru for me this time around. A great BIG thanks to BOTH Steve Deming (Mgr of Yamaha Customer Support) and Jason Lee (Yamaha hardware repair tech) for not only making this happen, but turning this around SO QUICKLY as well. I sent my keyboard off last Friday and it arrived back today (Friday). AS a result, I was only out my keyboard for one weekend. In the meantime, gigging with a borrowed PSR2000 (many thanks to my good buddy Bob ) gave me a chance to even better appreciate my Tyros. With BOTH my previous Tyros gripes (flaky USB connection & missing foot pedal repeat fill function) resolved now, I look forward to performing once again with what I consider a terrific arranger keyboard. Ok, we're off to a gig. - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#178927 - 09/25/04 08:42 AM Re: My Tyros finally gets USB Board Upgrade Replacement !
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Scott.

Very good news.
I´m glad with your "crusade´s" solution.
Have a nice gig.

Cheers,
Armando

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online