SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#178872 - 06/26/07 07:44 PM Question on plugging mixer into mic input on Tyros 2
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I got a phone call from Nashville today from Al Hirt's piano player. He's lined me up as a duo with a singer who will be using my mic .

Although I haven't been singing, I'm thinking I may want my own mic for a little banter possibly.

In the past I have plugged my Tyros 2 and mics into my UB802 mixer and into the powered JBL's.

I am wondering if it's ok to plug a couple mics into the input of the mixer and then into the mic in on the Tyros 2. Seems to me like that will be ok, but have not tried it before and thought it best to be on the safe side.

Scott

#178873 - 06/26/07 08:39 PM Re: Question on plugging mixer into mic input on Tyros 2
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Scott,

that's how my set up is.
First 2 mics into the mixer so I can have seperate volume and EQ control for my wife and myself, then 1 cable routed out to the T2, so my wife and I can sing with seperate mics.
No problem singing as a duo at the same time using the effects on the T2.

Eric

[This message has been edited by Eric, B (edited 06-26-2007).]

#178874 - 06/27/07 11:57 AM Re: Question on plugging mixer into mic input on Tyros 2
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Scott...Thanks for the question, good one...
Eric, thanks for the answer, good information, never thought of it.....
TR

#178875 - 06/27/07 01:57 PM Re: Question on plugging mixer into mic input on Tyros 2
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
AND...............let me tell you that Eric B and his wife can really sing.
He is a keyboard genius and their singing is really frosting on the cake.
we were very fortunate to have them here in San Jose at the Jam Session I had here and we were really totally entertained by this duo.
AWESOME.
They got a cute little dog too and Rocky Dawg sez hello to your dog.
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online