SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#178715 - 08/09/06 01:57 PM Re: Concert In The Park with Bose L1
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Me, too, Mike. Everyything was happening in real time, and I had a 2nd job that night across town, so that wasn't possible. I did play my nylon string and sang a James Taylor medley that I usually do using the other ststem and still wasn't impressed. Then, again, it could have been the set-up.

thanks, good observation.

Russ

#178716 - 08/09/06 01:57 PM Re: Concert In The Park with Bose L1
tyrosman Offline

Loc: scotland
hi mr ed try an umbrella it will block out the sun & you should see your screen on ty 2

#178717 - 08/09/06 02:28 PM Re: Concert In The Park with Bose L1
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Willie the drummer is our regular drummer's son.. We had to put together a pro mo video and he filled in.. We just gathered video and i later edited it for the Pro mo..

Craig i always handle the mixer and You will never see me leave the keyboard other than reach with my left hand to ad just...

And guess what none of the tunes on that video are MIDI files...

They are MP3's that I record of our group..

Normally it Is Jo Ann, Stu [lead vocals] and myself...

Craig , where can I find you performing? Web page? I would like to check you out, I have never heard anything from you yet..Are you as good as Scott?

#178718 - 08/09/06 02:55 PM Re: Concert In The Park with Bose L1
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ,

I did a 50th anniversary party in your back yard at the University Of Kentucky in Louisville. It was in a huge hall, that was an EQ nightmare. The center of the hall, where I was set up against a back wall, had a very high ceiling, while on either side of the hall the ceiling level was only about 12 feet high. The walls were all hard paneling, the center floor was tile, while the side area floors were carpeted.

The bottom line is everyone raved about the music, and a couple local musicians came over to me while I was tearing down and asked where they could find the Bose L-1 locally. There was a guy there who booked music jobs for the Shriners who wanted to book me for their 2007 annual convention.

I sincerely believe that if you were to hook up your keyboard to the L-1 with a single sub, tune the keyboard's EQs and use one of the newer Bose presets you would be amazed at the sound quality.

Fran,

Betcha' my setup time was a lot faster than yours, and I'll also bet the Bose L-1 with a single sub would have provided better sound distribution and easily covered the same area. My setup time at the park was less than 12 minutes, and I wasn't rushing. Additionally, everything fit on a single Rock "N" Roller cart with room to spare. While I didn't have the gals in thongs, I booked four more jobs today from last night's job. Wow--thongs! :

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#178719 - 08/09/06 03:26 PM Re: Concert In The Park with Bose L1
captain Russ Offline

Hi, Gary...the University of Kentucky is in Lexington. You were probably at U of L (University of Louisville).

Thanks for the advice on the Bose, but after hearing this one and seeing the various parts, I think not!

Regards,

Russ

#178720 - 08/09/06 03:54 PM Re: Concert In The Park with Bose L1
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Craig , where can I find you performing? Web page? I would like to check you out, I have never heard anything from you yet. Are you as good as Scott?

Fran, leave me out of this !

Scott

#178721 - 08/09/06 04:01 PM Re: Concert In The Park with Bose L1
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tyrosman:
hi mr ed try an umbrella it will block out the sun & you should see your screen on ty 2

Good idea Tyrosman.
Do you think this one is a little too much?
[img]http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/wildaboutmusic_1899_249545066[/img]

#178722 - 08/09/06 05:03 PM Re: Concert In The Park with Bose L1
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott , how can I leave you out..Craig and you are like brothers..You guys even post together most of the time..Besides it was a question as a measuring tool....no need for your response , If you did not want to respond..

#178723 - 08/09/06 06:53 PM Re: Concert In The Park with Bose L1
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ,

You are right--it was in Lexington. My wife just corrected me. The clients live in Louisville. She was doing the navigating--I was just the driver of the van.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#178724 - 08/10/06 08:12 AM Re: Concert In The Park with Bose L1
captain Russ Offline

Damn, Gary, I'm in Lexington, and would have really liked to visit with you and your family. If you're ever near here again, please let me know.

Russ

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online