SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1803 - 04/18/05 05:55 AM Re: k2000 sample midi dump????
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by sLOWER:
...I think that is hapenning because of the multiple discs...first one is normal and all the other are corrupt...

Aha, I've thought this at first because there is nearly no chance to corrupt a WAVE via normal ways...

Quote:
Today I'll get K2661!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, isn't it the master synth with 192 oscillators and 48 voices of polyphony? The big and new brother of the K2000...that's a really good synth!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#1804 - 04/18/05 07:13 AM Re: k2000 sample midi dump????
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
...hmmmm...unfortunately it isn't "VERY PURPLE" ...and it's not shiping today!!I just call at shop and they said it'll be there at Thursday!!...grrrrrr..I can't wait any more!!!!Is it a 1520 Euros good price for new "NON VP SYNTH(K2661)"??

#1805 - 04/19/05 12:50 AM Re: k2000 sample midi dump????
sLOWER Offline

...hey,Sheriff,
Did you know that X6's EQ Hi & Low shelv are set at just 8kHz & 250 Hz???I think that for today's music that is to short freq. range...and all the other effects are kind of plastic...especially reverb types...At my Tritons(Studio & Le) that was much better...I'm not shure,but is it possible that Korg is finally done a better sounding keyboard with TR Extreme than Roland did with Fantom X??in global??TRs OS is not so bugy as Fantoms...ROM sounds are no more that "Korg plastic-sterile"...I think...

PS. DO You know anything about Kurzweil CD-ROM named "Classic Synth"??...it should have emulations and samples from some analog and all factory presets from digital synths like D50,T3,JD...Is it worth of buying?

Best regards
sLOWER

#1806 - 04/19/05 05:01 AM Re: k2000 sample midi dump????
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
...hey,Sheriff,
Did you know that X6's EQ Hi & Low shelv are set at just 8kHz & 250 Hz???I think that for today's music that is to short freq. range...and all the other effects are kind of plastic...especially reverb types...

If you use a studio effect behind your synths you will get a very much better sound out of it. My old Yamaha V-50 has similar effects with low quality (compared with the 24 bit effects of a K2000). I'm using an Alesis Quadraverb II to tune up the Yamaha's sounds and it works really good. Give it a try if you want!

Quote:
DO You know anything about Kurzweil CD-ROM named "Classic Synth"??...it should have emulations and samples from some analog and all factory presets from digital synths like D50,T3,JD...Is it worth of buying?

I don't know anything about this CD but you can check out the following website for downloading many sounds and Quick-Accesses.
Brian Cowell !!!

You can also check out these pages:
Sweetwater !!!

I hope this will help you to get more sounds on your K2000!

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-19-2005).]

#1807 - 04/19/05 07:53 AM Re: k2000 sample midi dump????
smoke-on-the-water Offline

Quote:
...Did you know that X6's EQ Hi & Low shelv are set at just 8kHz & 250 Hz???I think that for today's music that is to short freq. range...and all the other effects are kind of plastic...especially reverb types...At my Tritons(Studio & Le) that was much better...I'm not shure,but is it possible that Korg is finally done a better sounding keyboard with TR Extreme than Roland did with Fantom X??in global??TRs OS is not so bugy as Fantoms...ROM sounds are no more that "Korg plastic-sterile"...I think...

TR rocks!
My buddy's brother has one.
I only have an old Casio that I hate and a Yamaha EX7.
I'm trying to save up to get a K2000R but it will be a while before I get one.

Jim.

Jim.

#1808 - 04/19/05 10:17 AM Re: k2000 sample midi dump????
sLOWER Offline

Sheriff,
That is not my VP,it's my friends keyboard...I'm just using and studing that "VERY PURPLE" keyboard till my 2661 comes...I have to wait ONE MORE DAY!!!

#1809 - 04/19/05 10:28 AM Re: k2000 sample midi dump????
sLOWER Offline

Guys,
...I think that I made mistake when I sold my TR STUDIO...maybe not??I'm going to sell my X6 and buy MOTIF ES or TR EXTREME.... or maybe SOLTON SD1plus(so I could play at workdays without the band)

#1810 - 04/19/05 12:25 PM Re: k2000 sample midi dump????
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Sheriff,
That is not my VP,it's my friends keyboard...I'm just using and studing that "VERY PURPLE" keyboard till my 2661 comes...I have to wait ONE MORE DAY!!!

Don't get fever, Slower, come on...keep patient...it will come...I'm sure...

I think the same samples for the K2000 can also be used for the later synths out of the Kurzweil's "K" series. You can load them on other sample boards or even a computer (be it PC, be it Atari, be it Risc PC, be it {for you, ED} a Mac ), however, they are standard .wav files which you can use on many different ways.

There are really many sounds but Sweetwater's ftp server is very slow so you will spend a long time for downloading...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-19-2005).]

#1811 - 04/19/05 01:06 PM Re: k2000 sample midi dump????
sLOWER Offline

...I used some of the RAM sounds from VP on my both Tritons as on my X6...somewhere on the net I find sample of Kurzweil strings and use them for 2 or 3 years now...
...had some trouble to download from Sweetwater...it seems that there are no samples...or I have to get some promision to download...

#1812 - 04/19/05 01:41 PM Re: k2000 sample midi dump????
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
...had some trouble to download from Sweetwater...it seems that there are no samples...or I have to get some promision to download...

If you don't get a download connection then try it again and again. If Sweetwater's server doesn't answer in a range of 20 seconds then click again on this link button. Do it as long as you get a download window on your screen. I've said it - it's a very time killing job...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online