SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#174 - 03/15/02 03:30 PM another sysex query............................
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello..........I'm a little embarrassed, but I have developed some kind of mental block with sysex. I'm sure it is not as complicated as my mind has made it. I have a Yamaha TX81z and a Roland D10 sound modules.....both products from the 80s and both use sysex. I see they make patch/sound editors in the Windows platform that connect to either module via MIDI. I want to save my current sounds in each module and try new ones I find on the web. Neither instruction manual really goes into connecting the modules to a computer........Has anyone done this and could you treat me like a kintergardener and explain it to me?
Thanks..........WAH! WAH!

#175 - 03/15/02 04:15 PM Re: another sysex query............................
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Could you maybe be a wee bit more specific on exactly what it is you want to know?

#176 - 03/16/02 02:14 AM Re: another sysex query............................
tekminus Offline

You hook them up through midi as usual. You probably need to set the transmit/receive parameters, check your manual for the exact details.

You can do this with a sequencer program also. One that can record sysex. Set the seq to record and send the stuff. Save file. Great for back-ups of your sound-banks.

-tek

#177 - 03/16/02 08:51 AM Re: another sysex query............................
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Rattley,
Both or those units can archive the internal data with a simple midi dump. The sysex language is specific to each manufacturer, and is nothing for you to have to disect, in order to use. Just follow the procedure for a midi dump, and "send" the data to a sequencer. Then when you want to reload .... just do a midi dump "into" your synth modlue.

#178 - 03/18/02 05:21 AM Re: another sysex query............................
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Thanks........What I relly needed to do was save EVERYTHING. I guess performing a midi dump will accomplish this! I told you I was making things complicated..........thanks again.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online