SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#177884 - 07/25/06 04:52 AM Re: G70 style vs Tyros2 style
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Jim ... just had a chance to listen ..... both very fine renditions ... being a former player, I LOVED the accordion, ... I preferred the G70 which was less 'boomy' than the Ty2 ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 07-25-2006).]

#177885 - 07/25/06 11:25 PM Re: G70 style vs Tyros2 style
K.Boarder Offline

What you hear depends on your installation.

#177886 - 08/02/06 03:52 AM Re: G70 style vs Tyros2 style
mailibu Offline

Loc: Prilly, Vaud, Suisse
Hi Jim,

Nice job ! I would appreciate more comparisons. I also own a G70 and a Tyros 2. For the musette below, I personnaly slightly prefer the G70 style. But, on average, I find that the Tyros 2 styles are considerably better than the ones of the G70. Sometimes, when I try to play a piece on the G70 with one of its style, I even shake my heads and think "Jesus, this style is really poor !". My intention is not to start a debate here, since we are talking about personal taste and what I write is only an opinion !

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre

Quote:
Originally posted by JimP:
I own a Roland G70 and a Yamaha Tyros2 and thought it might be beneficial to post some recordings of the same song recorded on both keyboards. The following song
“Under Paris Skies” was recorded on the Tyros using the French Musette style. It was recorded on the G70 using the French Valse style. The melody was recorded with an acoustic accordion. If you would like, I will post a few songs recorded on both keyboards using similar styles.
http://cpajimp.tripod.com/g70.mp3
http://cpajimp.tripod.com/tyros2.mp3

[This message has been edited by mailibu (edited 08-02-2006).]

#177887 - 08/02/06 10:23 AM Re: G70 style vs Tyros2 style
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Very nice renditions of a beautiful melody.

Listening to both keyboards I found the sonic differences to be negligible and that one's buying decision would come down to other areas of consideration as outlined in Scottyee's post above.

#177888 - 08/02/06 12:34 PM Re: G70 style vs Tyros2 style
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
It would be interesting to listen to the same style/song played through an E-80.
Speaking of which, I wonder if Roland is planning a major hardware/software update for the G-70, to implement all the improvements included in the E-80.

#177889 - 08/02/06 03:07 PM Re: G70 style vs Tyros2 style
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
We are hoping that Roland will be able to implement the software improvements - primarily the improved OTS implementation and the .txt/.bmp style and song link (and Mark/Jump improvements), but it is EXTREMELY unlikely that Roland will ever do a hardware mod to bring the G70 up to E80 specs. That just isn't Roland's style (in fact, NONE of the major players - Yamaha, Roland OR Korg - ever do hardware retrofits to turn, say, a Triton into a Triton Extreme or a Motif into a MotifES or, dare I say it, a Tyros into a Tyros2).

In fact, although I think it would sell very well to G70 owners, I really doubt that Roland will even do an SRX board with the E80's extra sounds, to make it style compatible. The big 3 just expect you to sell off the old hardware and buy the new. Now Kurzweil, THERE was a company that went out of their way to allow you to retrofit older models to have the new features, but look at what happened to them...........

My guess is that by Winter NAMM or spring Musikmesse, we will be seeing the E80 electronics in a G70 form factor.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online